Xbox 360 Why did you buy your kinect ?

I bought my Kinect for fitness, so I could lose weight. Then the holidays came. We all know what that means... family dinners and momma's good cooking. So naturally I have not touched it since Thanksgiving of last year. Maybe I should try it again.

I don't have a Kinect yet, but I'm planning to buy one because my daughter is a massive Sonic the Hedgehog fan and Sonic Free Riders is exclusively a Kinect game. So if I don't buy a Kinect ,her collection of Sonic games will never really be complete.

Also, I want to play Child of Eden, I've been listening to the music from Child of Eden for over a year. I love Genki Rockets.
I wonder if that cool Illumiroom projector thing will be for the existing Kinect, or will people have to buy some new upgraded Kinect to use it?

To be honest - I bought it to loose my weight ( it works by the way :D) . But there is so much fun with it, that my whole family enjoy it ;)

We reciently bought the xbox with kinect around valentines day of this year- or really around tax return time... We didn't have any gaming systems before and were deciding between playstation and xbox. The kinect was really the deciding factor because it is just too cool. Anything that I can control with my body is just one more remote control that I can't lose. The technology is the most advanced so far, and the games for kids are great. I have a 5 year old who likes playing outside and getting exercise, but I also have a 1 year old who takes up too much of my attention to be able to watch outside activities too often. Most of the games that we have for kinect are a workout in their own, so I dont feel as bad about him playing video games too much. He's not just sitting in front of a tv playing games, he actually works up a sweat. Much more than I have seen anyone sweat on a Wii!

Bought ours for when our daughter can play her Sesame Street game and just plain have fun. Mostly we enjoy playing the sports games and always have a great time bowling. Now that I think of it, will have to check out the fitness games and even the dance games to help keep active.

Outside of my gaming and personal life, I teach and take dance classes. I have since I was younger so dance has always been pretty influential in my life. I have secretly been wanting to try some of the dance games for kinect for awhile so I decided to purchase one so I can try some of the games. They're pretty fun actually. They can get boring and somewhat bothersome, but if you take the time to learn the songs as you dance through them it can be pretty relaxing and help you use weight as well. It's a great way to just let loose with friends or in the privacy of your bedroom. :)

I bought it because it seemed more interactive than it's competitors. I liked the fact that it's a hands free system. I also like that there are many different types of games for it. It was definitely a great investment.

I bought a Kinect as a birthday gift to my 12 year-old sister. We usually play Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports together. I was actually surprised about how accurate and precise Kinect really is.
At first I saw it just as a simple gadget targeted at casual gamers, but I can now see its true potential.

I got Kinect with my console, although i probably wouldn't have bought it separately as it rarely gets used.

We bought a new X-box and the kinnect came as a bundle deal for cheaper. Wish we hadn't got it though, we don't like the kinnect.

I got the Kinect as soon as it came out for my 360 slim because I happened to buy it 1 month before it came out, I got it because it seemed fun and to also see what would happen with the Kinect Hacks for pc, I really never used it that much since I live in a small apartment and it requires a lot of space to jump and move specially if you're playing with someone else.

I have to admit it's lots of fun though it's quite the exercise and like me if you're not used to it you might run out of breath after 20 mins of gameplay haha!

No clue, motion gaming is not completed, its kind of like filling a cup of soda, when you see the fizz at the top, you take it, start drinking and realize its not even halfway full. motion gaming had too much hype in it.

Bought mine for my daughters to use. Having said that I do enjoy playing it with them, their favourite game is kinect adventures.

I like kinect joyride the most so far though we only have a handful of games for it at the moment.

It's a great addition to your console to get you active and physically engaged into your gaming! My little 8 year old brother loves jumping around, and we can hear him all throughout the house ;)
Its really fun playing a game and actually being in the game. The microphone on it is sweet too, makes cruising the dashboard completely effortless (which sort of defeats the physical benefits, but you can stand up and cruise through with your hands too) ;)
The Kinect has a lot of cool features, and some pretty sweet games, too!

I bought my Kinect to get a workout. I am recently getting back into gaming. I was never fully active as an employee. But now that I now longer walk around and move at work, I think I should at least move around a little while gaming.

I bought Kinect mainly because it was a new thing, and it got my interest since you are the control. Now I enjoy many games that are Kinect compatible. And I also like its voice commands.

I am looking forward to Microsoft improving the technology and supporting the creation of more action games compatible with Kinect.

I bought it because I thought it was cool. Well honestly I regret buying it because I rarely use it anyway. It's like a decoration in my room.

I didn't actually buy my kinect for myself. I really wanted an Xbox for Christmas around the time. I saw a couple of advertisements for it here and there, casually mentioned it to my parents that it might be a cool thing to have and lo and behold, I got myself an Xbox and Kinect for Christmas (It was the only thing I got. Everyone pooled in money, and they had enough to then buy one :) ). I was really lucky to get it, and I think they may have gotten an awesome deal by buying the kinect as well. But definitely don't regret mentioning it. I've had lots of fun with it.

Back