Xbox 360 Why You Should Purchase Your 360 @ Costco

Edifier

Not everyone is aware of this, but if you're a Costco member... If you buy your gaming console at either Costco or Costco.com, if it craps out in 5 years (and it will) you can return it to Costco at anytime and get the money that you paid for it back. Same thing for PS3....these systems are made to crap out so that the companies force you to buy a new one. Costco knows this, so a part of their yearly membership you get unlimited return time for most items except for televisions and cell phones.

One thing to keep in mind: If you do this constantly just to be doing it, with no reason other than wanting a fresh system... Costco will cancel your membership. So, only use this warrantee when your system actually crashes. You don't want to lose your Costco membership, because you can't get this guarantee anywhere else.

How can they even carry through with a deal like this? I know they deal with bulk discounts, but this seems a bit excessive.

I wonder that aswell, the manufacturer only give a one year warranty and Costco is able to give a full 5 year money back guarantee?

Oh crap, I already bought mine years ago. Why did I just get hold of this information today? Why??? Maybe if I'll buy a Wii U, I'd consider buying from them. I think that their 5-year warranty is super!

I think that their 5 year warranty is crazy because people lose interest in console's before that time is up, a new console always comes along, and it would be too tempting to sabotage a system just to take it back. I'm not suggesting anyone do this, it's theft, but the length of that unconditional warranty screams abuse me!

I think it's a great idea - and I'm sure it's actually one that Costco offer on all their electrical goods. It could be exploited, but I doubt the amount of people who would exploit it vs the amount of people drawn in by an extended warranty, is enough to make a dent in their pockets or stop them doing it.

Never knew this and I think that most people don't. That's how they can deal with it.

Wow, if true that is one great deal!

I think that their 5 year warranty is crazy because people lose interest in console's before that time is up, a new console always comes along, and it would be too tempting to sabotage a system just to take it back. I'm not suggesting anyone do this, it's theft, but the length of that unconditional warranty screams abuse me!

Warranty terms and conditions usually don’t accept console that is sabotage or destroyed due to abuse, accident or improper use. Five year warranty is just logical especially if we are talking about the xbox 360. According to statistics, 40% of xbox experience ring of death within three years. Five year warranty is not crazy, it’s a “marketing genius” strategy.

Is there a way you can verify this?

I just did a quick google search and verified that they are indeed providing three years extended warranty on top of the manufacturer warranty. This is not only for gaming console but also to other electronic devices. I think this is a good deal and you can save some money.

Do you need any of the original packaging or stuff like that? Of course I only have the cables, console, and controllers. I would feel a bit strange plopping a bare Xbox console into a big Costco shopping cart.

Back