Xbox One Will the XB1 be Backwards Compatible?

TerminatorTim

Not to ask a dumb question here, but is the Xbox One going to be backwards compatible? I don't remember hearing either way during E3 coverage...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was confirmed at several events that it will not be backwards compatible.

Only a GUESS, but I think some of the most popular games will be available later on in the cloud somehow. I can't see them not at least trying as there are so many 360 games that probably will not be directly ported to the One.

They don't do it because it's usually a win/win situation for them. If they don't built it they can still sell x-box's for several years. And most of the games if you didn't have the chance to play them in your xbox they can adapt it and resell it for the same price they did in the generation of the other console.

That is what MS wants and I know many will keep both systems and buy games for both, but to me the 360 was dead as soon as the One was announced.

I packed mine up and already sold it on Ebay and anything I buy will be for the One.

It doesn't seem like backwards compatibility is that important to either console this year. The more you think about it the more you realize that Microsoft and Sony can both re-render and repackage the best games they had and resell them. There are people...like me... who will be willing to buy it as digital content as long as the license follows the life of the Xbox + future Xboxes... however, you never get that in the end you know.

Back