Xbox One Will the Xbox One enable gifting points or games to a friend?

Gary Oldman

Do you guys think that Microsoft should enable this as a feature with the Xbox One?

I believe this is a very convenient way to send points or games to your friends or family members. Not to mention it's also a great source of revenue as well for Microsoft.

Also, isn't it currently possible to send your friends points through Xbox Live on the 360?

Discuss.

Absolutely! I think Steam was smart in supporting a feature and it can only help sales. However keep in mind there are no more "points" so I think the better path is to gift games or bring back sharing.

That would be a great idea! Some of my friends on Xbox have moved and live far away. It's more convenient for me to just gift them an Xbox month or MSP since we always play Xbox together. If Microsoft integrates this option, that would be great,

That would be a great idea! Some of my friends on Xbox have moved and live far away. It's more convenient for me to just gift them an Xbox month or MSP since we always play Xbox together. If Microsoft integrates this option, that would be great,

Interesting you mentioned friends living abroad. Gifting your friends games or points would actually give them access to games they wouldn't have access to otherwise.
Unless...they're region locked. but are online games region locked?

I think in the future they will enable both features. Although I think this year's installment will not feature either of these. I wish they would though, but I don't think they will.

This is something that we should already take for granted since the beginning of this gen. Steam already has this, Sony has a... sort-of close system to share your games with someone else, so why doesn't Microsoft let something like this happen too?

That would be a really nice option! Convenient to send a friend a present.

I think they haven't completely scraped this plan and like they have already stated, hey will be bring it back sometime later down the line.

Back