Xbox One Will there be a new Fight Night for the Xbox One?

AB9100

Did anyone here play fight Night Champion?

Fight Night Champion is my favorite game of all time, I really love the sport of boxing so it is easy to understand why i would love a boxing game. It has been 3 years since the last release of Fight Night Champion, and i still continue to play it every day.

I would like to if anyone has heard any news on the franchise. Does EA sports have any intention on making a new one?

I've played the previous Fight Nights in PS2 before. Hmmmm, I'm thinking no, no new Fight Night in the meantime. Why? EA UFC. They're really focused with that in the meantime, so you'll probably to have wait for that new Fight Night after EA UFC's release.

Fight Night Champion is my favorite game of all time, I really love the sport of boxing so it is easy to understand why i would love a boxing game. It has been 3 years since the last release of Fight Night Champion, and i still continue to play it every day.

I would like to if anyone has heard any news on the franchise. Does EA sports have any intention on making a new one?

Three words: EA Sports UFC. I don't think a new one is being made right now, 'cuz of the UFC game. After the UFC game is made, then maybe Fight Night will be considered.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/24/4363688/fight-night-series-on-hold-ea-sports-ufc-andrew-wilson

This was last year's new but if you'd like solid info. Yup, the previous posters' guesses were right: Due to development with EA Sports UFC, the EA Fight Night series will be on hold.

So it was on hold. No wonder there wasn't any next-gen announcements for the Fight Night. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait our chances to play as Pacquiao and Ali again for a little while.

I had a feeling it was gonna be on hold. I mean, EA Sports UFC. Boxing games haven't been getting new ones for a while and UFC became the in-thing. Now EA has taken the chance to make their own.

I think it is dumb move by EA.

There is no way that a UFC game is going to sell more units than a Boxing game. They are seriously overrating the popularity of the UFC. They are going to be surprised at how poorly this game does. Most people are only going to but it because it is the only alternative to Fight Night.

I honestly hope it fails. So that they can hurry up, and create another Fight night.

The last UFC games from THQ did pretty well and while EA Sports MMA didn't do as well as UFC Unleashed it showed that EA Sports has the chops for an MMA game. Then again, EA Sports and Bioware are the only two EA entities that haven't dropped the ball particularly hard--of course EA Sports makes the exact same game every year and tells people that improvements were made to AI, scramble to find a new feature to add, and mess with the graphics.

Back to EA's foray into UFC, it's far from a dumb move. UFC is wildly popular and there's potential to do more with a combat sports simulator going with UFC than another Fight Night.

1. While there are many nuances to the sweet science, compared to MMA it's one dimensional. It's an arm of a larger combat sports beast. Doing a worthy MMA game would present more of a challenge to work through and put more content in--especially with UFC alone having several TV shows.

2. With specific licensing of the UFC brand they can run with a more concrete roster of fighters since they're all under contract to this one organization. With Fight Night, they couldn't even recognize actual belts, MSG was just called New York Arena, the rosters had some current boxers, a bunch of generated boxers, and legacy'd legends to put them in the game.

Since boxing deals more with commissions than organizations, it would've been difficult to get every top ranked boxer in the game. By Champion they managed to get more licensed boxers, but you're still not talking a concrete roster given that's 50+ across several weight classes.

3. EA probably feels they've done enough with Fight Night at the moment (which is far from true there's more to be done). When the series started in 1998 as Knockout Kings, it was coming out yearly until 2006 then they spaced it out with Round 4 and Champion. UFC could be EA trying to get back into an annual release situation.

Personally I liked the direction of Champion. The series had gotten stale by Round 2 and it just didn't make sense to keep releasing them annually (with most sports titles it doesn't make sense to keep releasing them annually when they could update the roster and go every 2 years so that significant improvements could be brewed, but whatever EA). EA knew it had to go a storyline route with Fight Night and it was a good story.

I didn't care for Legacy/Career mode in older games after awhile because you had Ali in his 30s, Tyson in his 20s, Lewis, Foreman, etc. popping up to face boxers in the 2000s. It's like "Yes, I want Ali and Tyson in the game. I want Butterbean and Joe Louis as well, but I haven't seen them since Knockout Kings," but they shouldn't be in the mix of my age appropriate boxers.

A remedy to that would've been bringing the Franchise mode from their team sports franchises and having you manage a boxing camp to breed future champions from the 1960s to present. You'd just have a stable of champions...then the legends pop up when they debuted, start tearing ass through the weight classes, and retire whenever. You could face the HOFers in exhibition or your Franchise mode.

Anyway Fight Night is a good franchise and there's a ton of improvements to be made (I'm going to submit some to EA's Game Changers), but it's UFC's time now.

I really hope they come out with it eventually! That was one of the most fun games I have ever played, I would love to see a new one come out.

I think it is dumb move by EA.

There is no way that a UFC game is going to sell more units than a Boxing game. They are seriously overrating the popularity of the UFC. They are going to be surprised at how poorly this game does. Most people are only going to but it because it is the only alternative to Fight Night.

I honestly hope it fails. So that they can hurry up, and create another Fight night.

Yeah, I agree. Well they should make one. EA shouldn't hold back on it.

The last UFC games from THQ did pretty well and while EA Sports MMA didn't do as well as UFC Unleashed it showed that EA Sports has the chops for an MMA game. Then again, EA Sports and Bioware are the only two EA entities that haven't dropped the ball particularly hard--of course EA Sports makes the exact same game every year and tells people that improvements were made to AI, scramble to find a new feature to add, and mess with the graphics.

Back to EA's foray into UFC, it's far from a dumb move. UFC is wildly popular and there's potential to do more with a combat sports simulator going with UFC than another Fight Night.

1. While there are many nuances to the sweet science, compared to MMA it's one dimensional. It's an arm of a larger combat sports beast. Doing a worthy MMA game would present more of a challenge to work through and put more content in--especially with UFC alone having several TV shows.

2. With specific licensing of the UFC brand they can run with a more concrete roster of fighters since they're all under contract to this one organization. With Fight Night, they couldn't even recognize actual belts, MSG was just called New York Arena, the rosters had some current boxers, a bunch of generated boxers, and legacy'd legends to put them in the game.

Since boxing deals more with commissions than organizations, it would've been difficult to get every top ranked boxer in the game. By Champion they managed to get more licensed boxers, but you're still not talking a concrete roster given that's 50+ across several weight classes.

3. EA probably feels they've done enough with Fight Night at the moment (which is far from true there's more to be done). When the series started in 1998 as Knockout Kings, it was coming out yearly until 2006 then they spaced it out with Round 4 and Champion. UFC could be EA trying to get back into an annual release situation.

Personally I liked the direction of Champion. The series had gotten stale by Round 2 and it just didn't make sense to keep releasing them annually (with most sports titles it doesn't make sense to keep releasing them annually when they could update the roster and go every 2 years so that significant improvements could be brewed, but whatever EA). EA knew it had to go a storyline route with Fight Night and it was a good story.

I didn't care for Legacy/Career mode in older games after awhile because you had Ali in his 30s, Tyson in his 20s, Lewis, Foreman, etc. popping up to face boxers in the 2000s. It's like "Yes, I want Ali and Tyson in the game. I want Butterbean and Joe Louis as well, but I haven't seen them since Knockout Kings," but they shouldn't be in the mix of my age appropriate boxers.

A remedy to that would've been bringing the Franchise mode from their team sports franchises and having you manage a boxing camp to breed future champions from the 1960s to present. You'd just have a stable of champions...then the legends pop up when they debuted, start tearing ass through the weight classes, and retire whenever. You could face the HOFers in exhibition or your Franchise mode.

Anyway Fight Night is a good franchise and there's a ton of improvements to be made (I'm going to submit some to EA's Game Changers), but it's UFC's time now.

Still need fight night man. Better play both in my case.

As a game, EA UFC would offer more. EA had to give a storyline to Fight Night because they'd been doing the same with the franchise for years and it got to the point where it didn't need to be out every year. Most sports titles don't need to be out every year (it's been said here before, but the Super Bowl doesn't end on a cliff hanger where you need to get the next game, load up your save and find out what happened next), but the set up of FN just didn't really lend itself to an annual or even regular type game.

And I agree with Legacy Mode having classic boxers in. That's more Fantasy Mode really. The best setup would've been what MetalSwift suggested where a boxer goes through the decades and comes across different boxers. Ali in the 60s and 70s, Tyson in the late 80s and 90s, instead of an Ali in his early 30s in the 2010s.

You do make a good point in your post.....I would also think we are at a point in gaming that players should show aging over career. I.E. grey hair, losing muscle tone etc.....

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a hairwigsall.com wigs for men long hair and it is perfect.

I'm sure I recall an interview with people involved in the production of UFC and they said that they were focusing on that for the meantime and that a fight night game would be next on their schedule

Back