Will you be buying an Xbox One S?

StockSwockle

I am a bit torn on whether or not I want this, but if I can resell my xbone for a decent amount, I'll definitely flip it and pick up the S. I am not sure just how useful it is overall, but hey, an upgrade is an upgrade right? :D

I think that most people will have the same dilemma as you and wont be 100% convinced if they're going to buy it or not. On the one hand, people didn't really respond all that well to the Xbox ONE so can Microsoft expect the same reaction again with this console? BUT...like you say, an upgrade is an upgrade and so I think that people are going to be intrigued if nothing else.

I won't be buying it because it's not too much of a change... I'd rather save my money for something amazing that might come up in the near future instead of spending in on a console that isn't really different from the one I already got. Also, I haven't played Xbox much these past months, so I think I'd rather buy a Playstation next.

I'm not sure that in the future we're going to see the same massive change we've seen in the past due to technology increasingly changing on a seemingly day to day basis, so the changes will from now on seem subtle, even though they may not be.

When we was all playing Xbox 360, we couldn't wait for the next gen 'revolution' and when the Xbox ONE came, it WAS a big change but from now on I'm not sure we're going to see that much of a big change all at once again, for some time to come.

I am not usually the type of person who feels the need to upgrade everything all the time, so I think that this is another one that I can pass on and just wait for a new one to come out. Sometimes this does come back to bite me a bit though, and it has in the past, but I am not convinced this would be a good use of money, so I think that I will just hold out. I am always glad to see upgrades, though, because it means that the company is working at improving their products, which is always a good sign.

I'll be buying it, just not sure when. I doubt I'll be one of the people waiting in line for one. I want to see what it can do first and read the reviews, but yes, I'm interested. Wonder if it will offer 4k support like the PS NEO. Only time will tell, but I'm looking forward to it.

I do not really think I would ever consider the idea of buying it after its release, however, it would be a good idea to buy it a little while after the release so I can get it for a cheaper price, I really think it is going to be quite expensive by the moment of if the release so I would rather wait a couple of months instead of buying it right away.

I don't think that I will until they have some dedicated games that I like. For now the XBox One S is enough for me. Unless it's price really drops and I can sell my XBox One for a good price.

@SirJoe I do not really think that you will be able to sell it right after the Xbox ONE S's release, if you're thinking of selling it then you will have to do it before the release, keep into account that people are going to be spending money on the new ONE S, nobody will pay any attention to the ONE for a good while, that's my opinion though.

@ this is true but the XBox S is only going to be launched in August of next year, so there is still plenty of time to play it and sell it if I do decide to go that way. I am glad about one thing though and that is that the XBox S is backward compatible so I won't have to second guess myself if a new game comes out that I would like to play it.

I'll let everyone else buy it first and tell me what it's made of. Maybe if the reviews are great, I might go out and get myself one. But for now, I'll stick with my current console.

I have the GoW 4 2TB edition on preorder, along with a matching GoW Elite controller so I hope it's worth it. :)

I'm definitely not going to be buying it. I already have a Xbox one, and from what see it's just not worth to spend $300 for the Xbox one S, which in my opinion, only has minor upgrades. However, if I didn't have an Xbox one and I was looking to buy a console right now I would totally buy one.

No, I have a Xbox One - 1TB (black) console that I really love! Nothing about the Xbox one S really interest me in upgrading. Seems like minor changes if you ask me. Also, too attached to my current console anyway,

I'm also joining the people that have chosen the no option. I purchased Xbox one + Kinect when it first came out and it's still working perfectly.

I honestly don't see a reason as to why I would switch my working Xbox and buy the new S one that costs almost 350euros here. It makes no sense. Maybe I'd consider it if Microsoft would upgrade it more but I'm not paying that much for a slight change in size, power supply, and barely noticeable GPU increase.

I don't think I'll buy it, or at least not anytime soon. My XBox One is working well enough, and didn't give me a single problem.
I might consider purchasing it in the future, if the price goes really low and the reviews are really good, but at this time I don't see any reason for this kind of purchase.

Well... So far, my XBox One have worked perfectly. :cool:

I think it's probable that I won't buy it in the first few months, but sooner or later I'll end up buying it because I like to keep myself up to date with the latest in the market.

I don't think i will waste the few bucks i have for the S version, i might give it a try after am done with my Xbox one,and feel like it's now worn out and i have some money am not using, then i will start to consider buying the S version. :D

Back