Worst experiences with Xbox Live?

Vicvillon

I've never really had a problem with Xbox Live. Although, I had it for a pretty short amount of time (About a few months?) so I never probably had it long enough for something to go horribly wrong.

(The reason I stopped having it was because my Xbox broke by the way. Everyone's favorite Red Ring of Death. :()

What about you guys, though?

The worst thing I can think of that happened to me on Xbox Live was when my connection dropped in the 3rd OT while I was playing my brother in Madden. That could have just been an internet problem and not an Xbox problem, but I was infuriated.

right now my pet peve is listning to music in the background and dumb chatter.. it gets annoying. when i am in bf4 you get that and some 15yr talking about his setup and holding a 30 minute conversation with himself about his load out or how the game is not great because he has a low kill count or streak.. i wanted to put my mic on and say kid the sytem has been out a day get over yourself your not that good and i suck. stop talking to yourself and just play the damn game.

The worst is when I hear people blasting their loud and ghetto music while in a lobby. I really don't need to know if you are listening to Nicki Minaj right now. It hurts my ears and then I don't want to play with those people. I also hate it when babies are crying in the background. I tell those players to get up and take care of their kids instead of gaming.

Honestly, the only problem I have is the kids that rage and shout with there mics. I mean, WHAT THE HELL. The sound is VERY annoying and VERY loud and it annoys the hell out of me. I hope the Xbox one can fix this problem because I have to mute the sound just to avoid this problem.

I agree lmao. Nothing can beat 12 year old kids raging and shouting, like literally the most annoying thing that can happen

I also agree with people shouting down the microphone. This is very annoying, but perhaps even more annoying than this is someone who tries to act tough by constantly swearing at other players and even throwing racial slurs. Some people just don't care.

The fact I've spent more on membership to play my games online than I spent on the console is enough to be an ongoing "worst experience". But having my account hacked really got to me as I had only just bought the year's membership. The ease of having a long term account (mine is 6 years old) does scare me and the fact you cannot have a banned account recovered makes XBL a pretty hostile thing to deal with.

Gеаrs оf Wаr 2 hаs оnе оf thе wоrst соmmunitiеs, аt lеаst it did during thе mоnths immеdiаtеly аftеr its rеlеаsе. I stорреd рlаying bесаusе it wаs full оf sеxist jеrks аnd sраwn саmреrs. I рlаy Hаlо а lоt аnd еvеn thе Hаlо соmmunity isn't sо bаd thаt I wаnt tо stор рlаying. But likе sоmеоnе еlsе sаid еаrliеr, аnywhеrе / аnything with а lаrgе соmmunity is gоing tо hаvе а lоt оf idiоts.

It's the messages after games...people can be so terrible sometimes. When I was a bit younger, I really wanted to be pro, so I developed a ton of the skills. I could probably even still play something professionally, but I'd need the right environment and routine. The thing nobody ever told me is that the better you get, the more hate people try to send your way, it's proportional.

I'm another one that's going to mention the background music/noise...chatter, whatever you want to call it. For me it's probably the most annoying aspect of playing online, and I often wonder what actually goes through these people's heads.

I've no doubt that some people do it on purpose just to annoy others but I think a lot of others just genuinely don't think. They think it's alright to play thrash death metal and talk and sing to themselves!

Oh god yeah, this is especially true when you're in the zone and trying to do well. Some people are just incapable of clear focus and not disturbing other people, like they do not have the capacity to be respectful towards others and they have enough money to afford the game sooo0oooo maybe we should just let people like that play with each other ONLY so they realize how annoying it really is -_-

I'd like to think that the majority of the time it is people who just don't think, and they're not doing it on purpose. A couple of times I've mentioned to them to cut the crap please, basically and they've even said they're sorry as they didn't realise how annoying they was being.

Wow, you must be a master negotiator. Usually when I ask people politely, they call me some kind of euphemism and then just get worse. Many of them are simply desperate and starved for attention, so they keep acting out once they get it.

I wouldn't go that far as most of the time I do just get ignored and I get the comment "if I don't like it then tough. I can drop the volume" but the odd times there are some that are ok.

I still don't get the whole mentality of it though. When I play I concentrate on playing and trying to beat the other players with skill rather than just making them quit because I'm playing death metal at a 1000 decibels!

Back