Would Rather Be Flying

olderthandirt

Hello everyone. I am an old fart, will be 77 on tuesday. I am a retired Air Force Msgt with 21 years of service in the military and 27 years working for the air force as a defense contractor. I am not deep into gaming. I only want to fly my microsoft flight simulator when I have time to do so. At the moment I am waiting for the mandatory updates to finish loading. I'm only on page 1 of 5. I have never had to do so much bouncing around in order to get to where I wanted to go. I have always just purchased a disk with the flight simulator on it, loaded it, rigistered it and shazam, flew into the sunset. So I may be coming back here and asking some questions or help before I get this simulator running the way I want it to run.

Thank you very much for the welcome. I am sorry to say that I finally gave up on the xbox installation. That mandatory update ran for two days and still did not complete. I don't know if my computer did not have the resources to make it complete in a timely manner but I just don't see having to fly using an online program. Too much "do this and do that" for this old fart.
So, I made sure my computer was wiped clean of the flight simulator X deluxe I had on disk along with the acceleration disk and re-installed both on my PC and it is running just fine. I basically wasted $52 but would rather have something I can depend on and I learned a valuable lesson in the process: stay with what works.

I'm glad to welcome you to the forums!
Microsoft Flight simulator is amazing to behold but is a massive download because of all the data and graphics. I would look into your internet connection at your ISP though because it sounds like it is a quite slow data transfer for you. I download the whole digital game and all updates and addons and it only took a few hours.

Back