X box one headset

sarah scotcher

Please can anyone help? Our xbox headset just stopped working for no apparent reason. We swapped it for a new turtle beach one (like the original) but it still doesn't work. The headset does work, I have tested it through the computer. It is plugged into the controller by a headset jack, as it was when it was working before. The controller has been updated. I have checked the privacy settings and all seems fine. Can anyone help?? We have only had the x box and controller since January. Thanks in anticipation.

Did the headset work after you updated the controller? I've never personally experience this, however, I've heard people having problems with their headset post updating their controller.

Thank you. I did wonder as we updated the controller and the day after the headset just stopped working. We have since borrowed a second hand controller to check and the headset works in that so I wonder you are right. Shame I can't reinstall the original controller settings???

I've never head nor personally tried to restore the controller updates to its previous version. So I'm not going to say its possible or impossible. I'll look into it and ask around. I do suggest you contact the Xbox One support line.

This should help get you in the right direction, follow the prompts on this link:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

If that doesn't work, just get in contact with tech support (number varies depending on your location).

Hi can I just ask since your talking about headsets. Is there away to record voice with headset when recording game play with the Game DVR . As wanted to make videos for youtube.

Back