Xbox 360 Download Profile Error

tensitydean

Recently I've been having a lot of issues trying to download my main Xbox profile on to my 360. Basically what happens is I enter my email/password, the profile begins to download and then after 10-15 minutes it comes up with an error message and fails to download it. I know this has been a problem for quite a lot of people for some time but I've tried every method I can think of and pretty much all the ones I've seen posted on forums.. nothing has worked so far. I can login to my Xbox Series X and Xbox One with no problem, it's just happening on the 360 when I go to download my profile.

Here are the things I've tried:

• Toggled recurring billing off/on
• Pressed dashboard button when the download has hit 10% and then attempted to download profile again
• Reset Network settings to factory new
• Cleared system cache
• Reset my password so it has 12 characters or less
• Changed my avatar
• Deleted all profiles that were on the console

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it. This has become a real pain in the last couple of weeks.. I'd just like to play some non backwards compatible 360 games on my main account.

The only thing I can come up with is it may have something to do with me having Games Pass? I did attempt to download a profile that I haven't used in a few years (that doesn't have Games Pass) and it worked straight away.

The error codes I'm getting most of the time are: 80070525 / 80072746

Back