Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Not Powering ON

gamejunkie

I was playing GTA 5 the other seeing that I was home from work sick and as I was playing the game suddenly the screen went black. I was trying to press the home button but nothing seemed to be happening. I was also trying a number of other things until I decided that I should try to power off the console. To my surprise as I was trying to turn the console off it would not turn off don't care how much I held the button down. So after all of that I decided to plug the console out. When I tried to turn the game back on it would not turn on.

I left it for a few days thinking that maybe it was just overheating and now the game wont turn on at all.

Has this ever happened to any of you guys and do you have any way of being able to fix this problem?

Lately also I have been seeing a lot of people that have been complaining and saying that there console does not seem to work and I am beginning to think that this is something that is really weird.

Maybe there was a problem with the power source, get a technician to look at it... It shouldn't be too much just to check it out

I had the same problem. it is with the new xbox E version. It wouldn't turn on and i went to try a different power brick and that didnt help. Only way to fix it is to send it in for repair.

Whoa so you are telling me that there is nothing that I can do to get this fixed and that I have to send it in to get a repair. So what do I do do I just send it back to microsoft or what? I am wondering if I should give it to a technician down here. Then when I think about it I think that it would be a lot safer to just send it in to Microsoft and have them have a look at it.

Well now I think that I will definitley have to buy a new console because it doesn't matter how many times that I try to get the console to work it just would not power on so I think that I will have to get a new console and I mean that it is so sad because I really liked this console and I have had it for about 5 years now. :(

Maybe it's fate that it's about time for you to get an X1 if you haven't already. It does look like that it's a hardware failure. Could also be the power switch.

Thankfully I've never had an issue like this with our 360, but I did have some other issues and wound up taking it to a local tech. You don't necessarily have to send it back in to Microsoft if you can find someone close to you that can work on it. If it's still under warranty though, you'd come out better price wise to let Microsoft handle it. I know if you send a One in for warranty work, they'll actually take your credit or debit card number and then just go ahead and send you a new One. As long as you send your old One in, they won't charge you for the new One.

Followup: The first time I read through this thread, I missed where you said you've had the console for about five years now... So never mind about all of that, "if it's still under warranty" stuff... It's not gonna be, ha.

I am getting the Xbox one in a few days time but I really think that I should get myself a 360 back I just think that I have too many games not to get one back and right now selling the games that I have for the console is not an option for me I love all of my games to much to sell any of them.

Well I hope that it is not that time for you, but it does sound like a little more than your standard issue. I cannot really advise hitting your machine, but I know that it is on my list of solutions that might not necessarily be by the book. I would take it in and see what someone else has to say, and just hope for the best. Best of luck, and thanks for sharing.

Back