Xbox One xbox "home gold" share Xbox One's premium features

sc_shark

Kinda sounds similar to the family share just a little tighter on the digital game sharing. It seems their may be a tier system for Xbox subscription so if your only using the TV & Netflix side it may be cheaper than the full gold package. Only time will tell at this point.

the new system "will enable any Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox One to extend many Gold features to others at no additional cost," Whitten wrote. "One Xbox Live Gold account delivering great benefits to everyone in the home."

"Friends and family will simply create their own account and gamertag and be able to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps," Whitten said. "Even if you sign off, your friends and family can enjoy multiplayer gaming while they are playing on your Home Xbox One console."

via:'NBC News

At least sharing games is not limited to gold, but the gold perks are pretty good as well. Basically, you're getting and playing unlimited games for free with this digital sharing feature if you're a Xbox Live gold member. Here's a little more clarification if you don't necessarily understand the article, but NBC gives a pretty good rundown of what it offers. Great move by Microsoft, and I'm interested in what Sony has to offer. This sounds a lot better than their sharing feature at the moment.

They killed the family plan yesterday as well. I am not sure and was hoping they would clear it up but it looks like if you have multiple consoles you are screwed. Family members just had all their sub accounts converted. So if you have a couple of kids this works out if you plan to have one console but you still need to pay for new subs now for 360 use or another Xbox One.

Am i the only one confused by all of these restrictions and permissions? It's like trying to setup a network on a windows operative system!
Can't Microsoft make a infograph of how this will really work, and also, stop changing what they said?

consumers have kept on about sharing along with people who use it in the living room. reamember it is for the tv as well you cant expect people to lock down a tv because they are teathered to a xbox they needed to find a way before launch.

Am i the only one confused by all of these restrictions and permissions? It's like trying to setup a network on a windows operative system!
Can't Microsoft make a infograph of how this will really work, and also, stop changing what they said?

This is exactly right. The semi confirmation about Xbox One Gold sharing being limited to one console was actually in the email they sent to the family plan members NOT in the announcement. All I want is a one page FAQ that says if you do X, Y happens kind of thing. This is a service and as such should have a clear understanding of how it actually works.

Well, this is interesting. Like you said, it's basically seems like the majority of the cool Xbox One features will be locked behind a pay wall. I guess it's not like we all didn't see it coming but at the same time, I think a lot of it is unnecassary, such as the DVR feature being behind a pay wall. While Microsoft have made some nice changes recently, it still seems like they have a habit of making things harder for themselves.

Back