Xbox Live Family?

girlgotgame

I thought I read somewhere that if you need multiple Xbox Live memberships for people in your house that you can get a better deal with a 'family' plan. Is that true? And if so, how much are the savings over individual memberships?

While I might be wrong, and I am speaking from a UK perspective, but I thought that Microsoft did away with the family membership a couple of years ago?

Don't they now just have the Gold membership that kind of does the same thing? Well, it allows you to share it between friends and family I believe?

I think it was done away with a while ago, the Gold membership is the only alternative. That's one thing I'm not a fan of, Xbox's online ecosystem.

Yeah they canned this unfortunately :/ Microsoft has been reducing the quality of their platform in favor of cash grabs quite a bit, and they only pull back when people outcry the problem...see the untradeable games, etc...that got killed real quick, but it tells you how they're thinking behind closed doors.

Aww, darn it. =/ We really need Gold memberships for two people in our household and I was hoping there was a way to avoid pay full price for both memberships. It's been a while since I read up on the 'family' membership but I was hoping it was still a thing.

Can't you have multiple members on the gold membership though? I thought that was a 'thing' they introduced as a substitute for the family membership?

As I said I can only speak from a UK perspective but I'm assuming the schemes are run the same globally.

I rесеntly bоught аn Xbоx Оnе аnd wаntеd tо knоw hоw Gоld fаmily shаring wоrkеd. I hаvе а friеnd whо I аm shаring gоld with аnd wе dоn't livе tоgеthеr. Shе hаs а 360 аnd I hаvе thе Оnе. Аs lоng аs shе is pаrt оf my fаmily shаring аnd I hаvе Gоld, will оnly оnе Gоld Mеmbеrship bе rеquirеd in оrdеr fоr us tо bоth bеnеfit ? I wаntеd hеr tо bеnеfit frоm thе 360 gаmеs sinсе I dоn't hаvе оnе. Sоrry if this is соnfusing, hоpеfully it mаkеs sеnsе. Thаnk yоu!

As far as I know you'd both benefit, as she'd be able to use the membership on the 360, and you'd use it on the ONE but I'm not 100%. In our household we've got two Xbox ONE's so I'm not speaking from experience but I shouldn't think there would be a problem to mix the consoles on the one membership, if that's what you're asking?

Back