Xbox 360 Xbox music

Pauly

Has anyone caught any of the news about the new Xbox music subscription service? There hasn't been an "official" anouncement from Microsoft yet, but it looks as though it will be ready to launch soon if only in the UK.

I found a couple things relating to the new music service that Microsoft will be launching this fall.

Here is the official E3 video when the new service was announced:

Published on Jun 4, 2012 by xbox
Exclusively from E3 2012: check out Xbox Music, coming soon to Xbox.
[video=youtube_share;bs9R9-vbeN4]http://youtu.be/bs9R9-vbeN4[/video]

Also I found a recent article about it on TheVerge.com: Direct Link
Xbox Music pricing and features revealed through Windows 8 and leaked Xbox interface
Microsoft cherry-picks the best cloud music features for Xbox Music
By Aaron Souppouris on September 26, 2012 08:19 am
Microsoft has revealed its Xbox Music service pricing through the Windows 8 Music app, at the same time as pushing out a beta Xbox dashboard update that gives testers a chance to try out the on-console interface. The service, which has yet to be fully unveiled, will offer unlimited streaming for £8.99 per month — the same price as a British Zune Pass — or £89.90 per year. We expect US pricing to mirror the UK's in matching the current Zune Pass pricing.

Hope this helps

- me

I saw this somewhere online the other day, and I thought it looked pretty cool. I will definitely have to check it out when they release it.

Here's the most current video about Xbox Music - I wonder if it will move many people from services such as Spotify, etc.

[video=youtube;07wM1-lIsrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wM1-lIsrM&feature=plcp[/video]

I am sad to see Zune go away, but I think Xbox Music will have a better shot at surviving. If you're a current Zune member, check your e-mail. Microsoft sent you 1000 Microsoft Points for free with a code you can enter online or on your Xbox.

I am sad to see Zune go away, but I think Xbox Music will have a better shot at surviving. If you're a current Zune member, check your e-mail. Microsoft sent you 1000 Microsoft Points for free with a code you can enter online or on your Xbox.

In short, what you are suggesting is that Microsoft is doing away with Zune but 'compensating' the subscribers? Or did I miss something from your comments....

Back