Xbox One Xbox one and 3D TVs

sidd230

From
India
I have a 3D TV and multiple 3D Blu-Rays, does anyone know if the XB1 supports 3D Blu-Rays? Also are there any XB1 games that have 3D support?

I have a 3D TV and multiple 3D Blu-Rays, does anyone know if the XB1 supports 3D Blu-Rays? Also are there any XB1 games that have 3D support?

Yes the Xbox one will support 3d and also 4k. That was confirmed by major Nelson back in May.

he Xbox One is a next-generation console, and as such, it's built with some future proofing in mind. It can do things you're not quite ready for just yet, such as play back 4K resolution games, movies, and TV. And it'll support 3D visuals too, despite the fact that 3D in the home has yet to catch in any meaningful way when it comes to TV, movies, or games. Microsoft noted that the new console would support 4K at the Xbox One launch event on Monday, but 3D support was kept under wraps until Xbox spokesman Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb mentioned it in a Wednesday Yahoo chat session.

yes it can. do both 4k and 3d tv.
i think my tv is a 4k actually.. the clarity on my 360 is stunning and i cant wait to get my xbox one to see how it plays/processes.

i dont think any game is really pushing the 4k or 3d yet. i wouldn't expect it to catch on yet till the price of the tv's drop quite a bit. right now entery level 4k 36inch is in the 599-700 range and i have not looked into 3d tv's but with the price of 52inch hdtv's in the 400-500 range the general public wont justify paying the steep fee's of 4k in 52 inch... the general price is 1,200++ which is steeeeepppppp....

Thanks for the info.

It will be nice to have all my entertainment services in one device.

yes it can. do both 4k and 3d tv.
i think my tv is a 4k actually.. the clarity on my 360 is stunning and i cant wait to get my xbox one to see how it plays/processes.

i dont think any game is really pushing the 4k or 3d yet. i wouldn't expect it to catch on yet till the price of the tv's drop quite a bit. right now entery level 4k 36inch is in the 599-700 range and i have not looked into 3d tv's but with the price of 52inch hdtv's in the 400-500 range the general public wont justify paying the steep fee's of 4k in 52 inch... the general price is 1,200++ which is steeeeepppppp....

Are you sure its 4k? Most decent sized 4k TVs still cost more than $15 thousand.

Are you sure its 4k? Most decent sized 4k TVs still cost more than $15 thousand.

Fifteen thousand dollars....damn. That's certainly not in my budget. I just can't imagine myself sitting in my living room while wearing special glasses to watch 3d TV. That's really awkward, especially considering that I already wear glasses in the first place. I am sort of surprised that these advanced TV's were released at such high costs. I can't imagine that they are selling many.

Not on the peasantbox but on my PC, dual 7970s can easily do 4K and 3D.

At the same time? Do you even have a 4k screen to handle all of that? How far away is your screen so you can see the whole thing?

Fifteen thousand dollars....damn. That's certainly not in my budget. I just can't imagine myself sitting in my living room while wearing special glasses to watch 3d TV. That's really awkward, especially considering that I already wear glasses in the first place. I am sort of surprised that these advanced TV's were released at such high costs. I can't imagine that they are selling many.

They have upscaling ones for less but they aren't any where near as good. The big release (push) has happened yet. Its like when OLED's were first introduced. I worked at best buy at the time and we had a 7" (inch) TV for $5 thousand. Ridiculous. They'll come down in price in a year or two.

look into seiki 4k tv's
a 50 inch new 5k tv is around $1000

i have the 39inch 4k in my bedroom.
its 700 iirc. if you watch ebay or amazon they do pop up for less. i think i payed 600 shipped.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/seiki-launches-39-inch-4k-tv-ultra-hd-now-costs-just-699/40773.html

i love my off name brand tv its so much nicer than the 1080p hdtv in the living room at 52 inches and the picture quality puts my sony to shame. if i replace the one on living room it will be the seiki 52 inch 4ktv.

They have upscaling ones for less but they aren't any where near as good. The big release (push) has happened yet. Its like when OLED's were first introduced. I worked at best buy at the time and we had a 7" (inch) TV for $5 thousand. Ridiculous. They'll come down in price in a year or two.

I'm not that familiar with the technology. Can you describe what upscaling is? 7" for five thousand? That is absolutely insane. How much do you anticipate them coming down in price after a year? Are we talking a 40 percent decline or what?

look into seiki 4k tv's
a 50 inch new 5k tv is around $1000

i have the 39inch 4k in my bedroom.
its 700 iirc. if you watch ebay or amazon they do pop up for less. i think i payed 600 shipped.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/seiki-launches-39-inch-4k-tv-ultra-hd-now-costs-just-699/40773.html

i love my off name brand tv its so much nicer than the 1080p hdtv in the living room at 52 inches and the picture quality puts my sony to shame. if i replace the one on living room it will be the seiki 52 inch 4ktv.

I'll look into it. I've seen some really cheap ones but not for less than $5000 for anything Sony.

I'm not that familiar with the technology. Can you describe what upscaling is? 7" for five thousand? That is absolutely insane. How much do you anticipate them coming down in price after a year? Are we talking a 40 percent decline or what?

4k is ultra-high definition. Its the next level beyond 1080p and from all reports the future of television much like bluray and digital was in the past. The problem is most content today does not support 4k technology, much like at first most channels did not support HD. The new consoles will support it which leads us to believe the games will too, but as far as programming it's safe to say we are a few years out since they will wait until a large install base is sent. I wouldn't recommend one just yet since it's better to wait and enjoy it to its fullest. I've seen them running native 4k programming and it's a sight to behold.

Not at the same time.

Yes I have a 4k screen. It is a 30 inch sharp one. cost me around $6K. Not very far at all.

I believe 4K 3D will be achievable buy dual titans.

Back