Xbox One Xbox One Features You're Looking Forward To

dannyboy

What features are you looking forward to the most on this console?

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the features that combine into an ease-of-use experience.

Every day my Wife and I use our Xbox 360 and every day the examples of our Xbox 360 use turn into comments about how it'll be different on the Xbox One and how it'll save us a lot of time doing this and that.

Some of them are:

1) Going from Game to Netflix/Amazon Prime. Currently this takes a long time, find a save point, exit game, if applicable make sure correct GT is signed in, open 'recent', find netflix/amazon prime app, start it, wait to load, etc, etc. It may sound lazy, but this process takes waaaaaay longer than it should.

With the Xbox One we'll always have our most use apps running in the background. Want to switch from Game to Netflix/Amazon Prime? With only a few words or a couple button presses we've instantly swapped from game to app. No loading, no waiting, etc.

2) Fumbling with GT's and signing in/out depending on who wants to use the Xbox 360. In many cases an app on the Xbox 360 only loads up the Profile 1 info (like last.fm will only load up the profile for player 1). In some cases like Amazon Prime, depending on the controller used, it will load up into a non-prime account (so my Wife's GT isn't attached to Amazon Prime, but even if we are both signed in, if she starts the app it doesn't let us watch movies, we have to back out then start the app using my GT).

With the Xbox One all the confusion is gone. No more fumbling between controllers, etc. It auto signs us in, and gives us instant access to our apps in the correct way, saving us a ton of headache and time.

3) Expanding on the above, the voice control of the entire Xbox One and other entertainment devices in the living-room is a big positive for my family. We can simply say, "Xbox On" and turn it on. "Volume Up" turns up the volume. No more fumbling for controllers/remotes while holding our baby, etc. Super simple and quick.

I honestly think the ease of use in the Xbox One will be one of those 'features' that you don't realize how awesome it is until you experience it, then go back to the Xbox 360 and realize how slow the Xbox 360 is by comparison. I'm looking forward to trying it all out.

I think i'm looking mostly for the multi-tasking part. Where you can skype your friends and watch TV. You can easily switch applications. I think that's a really neat feature and will help me alot.

I have a vague feeling of dejá vú when it comes to these types of threads.

The games. I want exclusives. I want console wars to be as passionate as Sega Vs Nintendo or Nintendo Vs Playstation. The sole purpose of exclusivity is to make unique games that you can't find anywhere else. And that is what sells the consoles. Games!

Landshark beat me to it, so I'll keep it simple, the features I am most looking forward to will be the eventual reversal of what they had to reverse. Other than that, whatever the One has to currently offer as I know once it's in my hands, I'll see more things that I will be able to do with it.

The Xbox One is loaded with hige memory and a very fast processor which will take modern gaming to a complete new level and so I am looking forward to play quality games on the Xbox One, and watch T.V. on it.

The Xbox One is loaded with hige memory and a very fast processor which will take modern gaming to a complete new level and so I am looking forward to play quality games on the Xbox One, and watch T.V. on it.

Well modern gaming on consoles maybe. I have better specs on my PC. Either way I'm excited for the XB1

I am looking forward to the hardware performance of the Xbox One, I heard that it is 50% more powerful than the Playstation 4 and is much expensive though, Just waiting for its launch.

Back