Xbox One Xbox One introduces community achievements

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Microsoft is also updating its Achievement system, which rewards gamers with points based on specific in-game activities. Introduced for the Xbox 360, Achievements will be retained on Xbox One, but new timed challenges are also being added – these will crop up during certain periods of time, and what you achieve in that limited slot will be converted into rewards for all participants. Interestingly, many of these challenges will be community-based, requiring players to work together in order to complete tasks. It's a concept that's been emerging in online game design for some time, with titles like Eve Online requiring mass participation for certain activities. The idea is now filtering into console titles like Call of Duty Ghosts and The Division.

This was announced earlier today when we got our first look at the interface. The tidbits being announced lately show where Microsoft wanted to take this console prior to the public outcry and following 180 turn. It's good to see remnants of the always on future still lingering around. Personally, I look forward to the future with Microsoft , a future that hopefully leads back to their original idea.

via The Guardian

Just imagine what could be done with this and possibly introducing Augmented Reality. Really cool news, and I like any other nerd kind of love to have achievements randomly pop up.

Community achievement unlocked for wine time ... just a suggestion to get people interested in the idea.

So they managed to make the online achievements even worse by creating special ones where you have a limit of time and are forced to play with other people. That will be definitely something to lookout and wait to see how it will turn out.

So they managed to make the online achievements even worse by creating special ones where you have a limit of time and are forced to play with other people. That will be definitely something to lookout and wait to see how it will turn out.
I don't see how this makes anything worse. They're optional and act as community play-dates. Achievements don't always have to be easy campaign achievements created for cloistered players.

I also look forward to the future of Microsoft and think that it will have a lot of exciting things going for it within the next few years. I like how they are starting to combine and sync their products like when xbox sign in credentials merged with hotmail (live). It just makes things seamless like Apple products. I am more excited to see what they come up with than what google comes up with.

Ive been called an acheivment whore so Im excited about this. Some online chevos are really hard and time consuming like 100% completion on GTA5 will take awhile but make its all the more fun

Back