Xbox One Xbox One may support keyboard and mouse peripherals post-launch

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Xbox One may support third-party keyboard and mouse peripherals after launch, according to Xbox Live director of programming Larry Hyrb.

Microsoft has no set plans to release its own PC-oriented peripherals, though Hyrb said the company will support third-parties that do.

"We'll certainly have this great SDK for developers to do what they like," Hyrb told Newsegg Arcade.

"If that's something they're interested in doing, we'll certainly help them do that. Certainly it's possible, but we don't have anything to announce at this time."

Not sure how I feel about my XB1 merging realms with my PC, but I'm sure this would be very marketable. I doubt it will ever happen, since as Hyrb points out, it seems contrary of Microsoft's goal and vision. How about you guys? Any interest in such peripherals?

via CVG

The Xbox 360 already supports Keyboards, but not in the way you think it would. Again, with this said, the news about the Xbox One supporting keyboard and mouse is probably going to be the same as the 360, being able to navigate through the XB1 system only, for example, internet and home screen menus, but not in game. I really doubt that Microsoft or even Sony would want to support keyboard and mouse for their consoles. It's a PC thing only :)

I think having a keyboard and a mouse is a bit of a over whelming advantage I feel because in fps I think you have better control with a mouse over a joystick.

Back