Xbox One Xbox One Pre Order: Day One Edition Sold Out, Standard Delayed Until Christmas

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Good news for Microsoft, bad news for anyone without a preorder.

Microsoft's Xbox One Day One edition and standard edition console are officially sold out everywhere, so gamers may not be able to get their hands on the new console until December.

States Chronicle reported on rumors that the second batch of consoles may not be ready until Dec. 31.

The Day One edition will include the Kinect sensor, chat headset, HDMI cable, Xbox One controller with a special monogram, and a special Day One achievement on the Xbox One itself for $499.

The standard console with include all of that minus the monogram and achievement for the same price.

Large electronic retailers such as Best Buy, Toys R' Us, Gamestop, and even Microsoft's own site are not even offering pre-orders at this time.

This was to be expected, and I'm frankly a little surprised they held out this long. I have mine pre-ordered at Gamestop where I will be at midnight come November 22nd. How about you guys did you preorder. Do you care whether you get a Day One Edition or Standard (given that there is no REAL difference)?

Source: CP TECH & BIZ

I have my pre-ordered at Gamestop as well. I agree about that not being surprising at all. I mean the Xbox One and Playstation are going to sell out regardless. Just because they are new systems and there are equal amount of fans across the world.

My best friend and I both have day one preorders at game stop. I have taken off the full week before and four days the following week to hopefully get the honey do list taken care of so my friend and I can enjoy some games together :)

He suggested locking the door to my man cave since all I'd need is some water bottles, monster, snacks, I can have delivery pizza brought in through the windows and of course I have a bathroom down there too. This way my wife and kids can't distract me lol. This of course won't happen though it seemed like a funny discussion over lunch at the time :)

For now leading up to release I will be working my main job while working some extra jobs to earn some extra cash for travel and Christmas presents for the family.

I have mine through the MS on-line store. Not suprised it sold out. Co-workers told me they are getting one with out a pre-order. I told them good luck and they look at me like I'm crazy when I told them there are no more pre-orders.

Gamestop pre order for me as well. It's funny because I thought I read somewhere that Microsoft stated there would be enough consoles for anyone to pick one up on day one even without a pre order. I can't remember the source, just something I remembered reading awhile back. Of course, it could have been someone speculating also. It IS the internet after all!

Still, I'm glad I pre ordered. :)

Back