Xbox One Xbox One Sells a Million in less than 24 Hours

That was pretty damn fast! It's just another statistic showing how big the gaming scene is. It's a great thing in my opinion. Congratulations to Microsoft!

I'm very glad to see that the few blunders MS made leading up to the XBONE launch didn't hinder the enthusiasm of the fans for the system. I can't wait to see what this new generation of consoles will bring us. These are very exciting times for gamers!

Incredible numbers in terms of sales in a very short time!! It may well turn out to be the top seller throughout the month of December in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

Seems like they overcame their difficulties pretty fast and managed to not stay behind the PS4, which is great news. They made some good choices and took advantage of the time frame, with the Christmas holidays coming and all. There seem to be more and more gamers migrating from PC to console, and competition is always good. Keep it up Xbox!

Seems like they overcame their difficulties pretty fast and managed to not stay behind the PS4, which is great news. They made some good choices and took advantage of the time frame, with the Christmas holidays coming and all. There seem to be more and more gamers migrating from PC to console, and competition is always good. Keep it up Xbox!

Yup, good that Microsoft got it together. Yeah! As for the migrating from PC to console... Steam wants to counter that with the Steam Box. Well, let's see if Steam can make a million boxes sold next year. Let's see about that. But congrats to Microsoft.

Is anyone really surprised by this?

Not exactly. What is most surprising is they were able to put 1 million Xbones on shelves for Day 1. I think any reasonably hyped console can sell 1 million units in the same amount of time, but all previously hyped consoles struggled to supply that many and to release it in so many countries at once.

If I were not so lazy I would do the math and then be shocked at how much money they just made in 24 hours. Then I remember that there is supposed to be a recession going on. If Americans can afford to spend millions and billions on video games, maybe things are not as bad as it seems. I am a little surprised about how many people are trusting XBOX after the problems many of us had with the 360. I suppose branding itself as Microsoft works in its favor. Man I wish I had bought some stock!

It's always amazing to see how much a company can make in such a short amount of time on certain products. I am definitely not surprised that they sold so many in 24 hours. Preorder numbers wouldn't surprise me either as they have an amazing marketing team and everyone always wants to stay up to date with the latest consoles.

It does not surprise me at all. Every single console that comes out always has a rush when it first releases. I remember when I scoured the entire united states for a n64 console. 6 months later, you could find a second hand one for 1/2 the price! I always advise waiting for the hype to die down.

I don't think anyone should be surprised that the Xbox One did well. The Xbox line of consoles is popular and has it's fans. It had a great marketing campaign behind it, when did you not see a commercial for the Xbox One on TV? It was on the news several times before launch, so it's expected that it did well.

My girlfriend and I were talking about Microsoft's marketing campaign yesterday. There isn't a TV show I've watched in the last two weeks or so that didn't have at least one or two XB1 commercials. If I were a casual shopper who was interested in getting a new game system, I wouldn't think there were two new game systems currently available. I hardly see PS4 commercials. This is probably a MAJOR contributor to the success of the XB1, especially during black friday.

J

This just goes to show that console gaming will not be going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, I would say both the Xbox One and PS4 has gained more traction this year than they ever would have any time in the past. It may have been the aggressive marketing or -- while I do not necessarily agree with all of them -- sleek innovations on Microsoft's part, it could even have been their respective gaming networks and gaming communities. Either way, despite some of the vitriol Xbox One had been enduring for a while, I am hyped to see it do so well.

Soon, gone will be the days of one on one lobby matches in favor of more spacious, massively multiplayer worlds, if this sort of exciting growth in "gamership" continues.

Console gaming is still doing very well for itself and of course the Xbox One is selling right now. Demand is very high for it because it just came out, it does prove that people who keep telling us that mobile gaming will destroy console gaming need to calm down. Hopefully this is a great sign for the future of the consoles.

Back