Xbox 360 Xbox other than gaming?

bibbyboy

More and more, I find myself using my Xbox not only for gaming, but for other things as well. The thing functions as a DVD player so I have no need of using my actual DVD player that is gathering dust in the basement. I also have my netflix account tied to it, so I can basically get all of my video watching done on the Xbox without ever having to shift media platform. Do any of you find yourselves consolidating media and using your Xbox for much more than what it was originally intended?

Definitely! Our home Xbox is mostly and used for Netflix, my little 8 year old brother spends all day watching shows on there, but can be convinced to occasionally let the rest of us play an actual game, usually Rockband. Sometimes I use the facebook app and other times I just mess around with the Kinect features and voice recognition commands. It's a great system!

I definitely use it to watch DVDs as well as hop on Netflix and watch a few episodes of a TV show or a movie.

I also use it to browse YouTube videos. I also have a PVR which allows me to take anything from my Xbox and put it onto my computer or a DVD, so basically anything from Netflix to Youtube videos. I don't really use it for music..I think that's kind of pointless, but I love the media that the Xbox covers.

Netflix at first, but now you can get Netflix on any device, so it's not so useful anymore

xbox 360 is...

netflix
amazon prime
ufc
espn

those 4 are my pind aplications...
as much as i am looking forward to the blue ray player built in(should have on 360) i am more intrested in and excited to see how the tv feature works.. im sure netflix/prime will both be same and the content will always change with right and contracts between tv,movie ect ect...
the games will be their as well... but i do look forward to how the whole experiance is as a whole with the new tec.

Back