Xbox One Xbox Users banned after swearing online

It's got its positives and negatives. Sometimes it's hard to contain some swear words but it's good that they're doing it. It'll make you think twice about what you say. Especially when there are young kids online at times (not that they don't swear... Probably worse than the adults haha).

I'm pretty much always against censorship, especially to this degree when it's honestly so unnecessary. No, it doesn't really affect me personally with what I choose to do as far as gaming goes, but it's just the point of the matter. How disappointing.

I think Microsoft just wants to lessen the tendency for gamers to swear like crazy. Sure, an f-word or a-word can add some fuel but then too much can be so annoying. Ugggh... well, I hope it can help so we won't be hearing so many profane words everywhere,.

I can't believe their banning people for cursing now lol. I can't count the amount of times someone has cused at me online, I mean it would be back and forth but it made the online play a little more interesting to me lol. Although I don't think such a new rule will be affecting me much.

I know, right? I've heard so much swearing in the past while playing online on the 360. I'm surprised that Microsoft is taking such a stance on this now. I play games and I typically turn into a trucker, which is one of the reasons that I don't usually a headset on unless I'm in party chat.

I do understand why they are taking a stronger stance on this though, especially because they are trying to make the system into a family entertainment central hub of sorts.

I know, right? I've heard so much swearing in the past while playing online on the 360. I'm surprised that Microsoft is taking such a stance on this now. I play games and I typically turn into a trucker, which is one of the reasons that I don't usually a headset on unless I'm in party chat.

I do understand why they are taking a stronger stance on this though, especially because they are trying to make the system into a family entertainment central hub of sorts.

Yup, yup, true. Xbox One is after all the all-in-one entertainment console, so Microsoft wants to make it so that people will have fun, adults and kids alike. If that means they want to ban swearing people, then they'll do so.

They are simply trying to fix the damage that Xbox Live has done to their reputation. Let's face it even the general public knows that Xbox Live can be a brutal place and we've taken up giving excuses for the bad behavior. Microsoft was pretty clear with their initial pre-release conference that they want to make this a family friendly entertainment console so I can see why their making their standards higher. The question is how much cursing is a problem, there is no real guidelines for this.

Microsoft is already developing a Curse-O-Meter that will be in the corner and show how heavy you're swearing.

...goes from mute nun to sailor who slammed his pinky in a 70s car door. It's very specific.

About time if you ask me. The worst thing about LIVE on previous consoles was the poor community management so it is good to see Microsoft take a stand against it.

In a way, I think Microsoft is just trying to make sure all XB1 players are fair and respectful. After all, aren't we all tired of hearing the Fs, the Ss, the N and all the other profane words going all around everytime we play and watch? Then again, it's Microsoft's idea and policy so we'll just see how it goes from here.

You've got a point there, good for the kids not hearing their relatives swear.

Xbox Live has the reputation it does for a reason. A reputation that it is fair to say that the community has earned, it doesn't help that sites like Kotaku are constantly posting stories about people being abused on the service. Microsoft didn't really have an incentive before to change anything because the Xbox 360 was a gamer's console but now that the Xbox One is being marketed as a family friendly system, they have to clean up Xbox Live.

Being respectful isn't a bad thing. The thing is this feature helps better if you have kids at home. That way they won't learn "adult words" that you might get shocked about when they say it. I guess not this is a good feature since I have a child at home.

Being respectful isn't a bad thing. The thing is this feature helps better if you have kids at home. That way they won't learn "adult words" that you might get shocked about when they say it. I guess not this is a good feature since I have a child at home.

That's a good point. Yeah. I mean, these days, kids can really pop up those "adult" words without even feeling guilty. I'm not saying they shouldn't learn the words but the least they could do is learn gradually, and at least know when and where to use it. I don't know, I'm not a parent (yet) but maybe Microsoft is really doing something good. We'll have to see.

Wow that's scary i would feel so dumb for doing that got to becareful

Yes, so be aware of the things that you say. You need to be more choosy with the words that you use. Never curse or swear.

i have herd quite a few things on open chatt during a game... i believe it could happen but im sure it wasn't a singular event.. im pretty sure the guy had to get about rediculous to the point he was doing it on purpose just to piss off a lobby... or a highh up was in game and whoever was going off and the employee made short work of it.

honestly it has been getting worse some of the conversations i have listned to because people forget they have kinect up and running. at least when it was on cod/360 i had my headset on and it was only me listning to the **** shorm... now on the xb1 its more of an open mic where everything is streamed live thru the tv set or surround sound. allot of times i will mute members before they start going ape on the mic.. you can usually tell the crazies before it hit the fan.

i have herd quite a few things on open chatt during a game... i believe it could happen but im sure it wasn't a singular event.. im pretty sure the guy had to get about rediculous to the point he was doing it on purpose just to piss off a lobby... or a highh up was in game and whoever was going off and the employee made short work of it.

honestly it has been getting worse some of the conversations i have listned to because people forget they have kinect up and running. at least when it was on cod/360 i had my headset on and it was only me listning to the **** shorm... now on the xb1 its more of an open mic where everything is streamed live thru the tv set or surround sound. allot of times i will mute members before they start going ape on the mic.. you can usually tell the crazies before it hit the fan.

I know man, they can't just quite their yapping and focus on the game. I've had tons of experiences on COLD as well with all those guys swearing a lot. I swear too but not on my games.

I know man, they can't just quite their yapping and focus on the game. I've had tons of experiences on COLD as well with all those guys swearing a lot. I swear too but not on my games.

Most people don't know how to control their words. well it's human emotion, whether they get too excited or too angry at something on the game they can't stop talking man.

Back