Xbox One You can upgrade 360 games to Xbox One version for $10

ozadin

To be honest, I didn't really understand this. From what my mind can tell, this is only available to PowerUp members of GameStop. Let's say you were to buy a 360 game that were to come out in a few weeks or even months. Once it comes out, you can take your 360 game and trade it in for the newer version for the Xbox One for only $10? If that is true, that's pretty neat. You can have enough time to get achievements, gamerscore, and play it through, and swap it in for a completely new copy for $10. Sadly, it's only for Powerup members which I'm not a part of, and from what I can tell, you only have five uses.

Members of GameStop's PowerUp Rewards programs can make use of a limited time $50 guaranteed minimum credit for five standard edition Xbox 360 games when they are traded-in for a new copy of the Xbox One version of the same title.

Via OXM

How would that work for something like Madden that comes out in August? I guess you would need to wait until the 30 day windows? That is sort of silly but I guess value is value. Personally, I am just going to wait.

I wonder how this will be handled in other countries (if at all). It seems like a pretty good deal overall, especially for people who might get the console for Christmas or something and already own the games.

Now if only they picked good games to be part of the offer. :p /Smugface

How would that work for something like Madden that comes out in August? I guess you would need to wait until the 30 day windows? That is sort of silly but I guess value is value. Personally, I am just going to wait.
Take it back to the store when the Xbox One version is released?

While that's really cool it still kind of sucks for anyone that might be thinking of getting rid of their 360, because you have to pay another $10 for the games you already own. So I guess the best option for most people would to just keep their old 360 if they plan to play any of their games unless they want to spend $10 for every game, so while it is a neat idea but I still hate that you have to pay.

Yeah but, is this really good? Let's say that you get Watch Dogs for example, you play the game on your 360 get everything and all. When you get your Xbox One, will the first thing you want for your new console is the same game you just played? Will the library of games be as bad as the PSVita so the people will have to play old games on their new system, just because it has better graphics?
Just my two cents.

Even though I will most likely not be using this deal, as I will admit I'm not the biggest fan of GameStop and never go there, and plus, it doesn't make much sense to me to buy a game on the Xbox 360 just to then decide to get it on the Xbox One. If I wanted a game on Xbox One, I would just purchase it for Xbox One outright. Still, maybe this special deal will be something good for other gamers and will probably help them out.

i seen the add on gamestop website but dosnt make much sense to me.. maybe its aimed at cod/bf4 with the possibility of early game launch pre xbox one. this may debunk the speculated launch dates that have circled around AAA title games recently.

it makes sense for big time gamers on cod/bf4 who just have to have it and play it.. with the transfer of acheivments from 360-xbox one it kinda fits in.. and odds are their will be added acheivments for this as well.

I think the main reason why people would buy and switch between the two games is because of achievements. People like Stallion can play the game on his 360, get gamerscore, and switch to Xbox One for newer perks that were added such as their level, and get different kinds of loot. $10 really doesn't cost that much, but it's the GameStop subscription that mostly holds me back from doing this. I have no idea how much that costs, but I'm guessing 30 bucks or more.

I think the main reason why people would buy and switch between the two games is because of achievements. People like Stallion can play the game on his 360, get gamerscore, and switch to Xbox One for newer perks that were added such as their level, and get different kinds of loot. $10 really doesn't cost that much, but it's the GameStop subscription that mostly holds me back from doing this. I have no idea how much that costs, but I'm guessing 30 bucks or more.

iirc gamestop power up pro is 14.99 you get a magazine subscription for the year with it.. if you buy new games often or thru the year it does help.if you only buy used games its hard to say you would have to watch the sales or buy 3 get one free stuff.. or use the coupons.

they do allot of online coupons or in store redemptions thru email its reall not all that bad. with a big purchase like xbox one and games it will pay for itself the day you buy it.

hear is how the 10dollar xbox one from 360 works

and hear is an add they sent few days back with headsets. so if u watch their sales like any store yes you can benefit.. they also do a points system which u can get free swag and various things.

i seen the add on gamestop website but dosnt make much sense to me.. maybe its aimed at cod/bf4 with the possibility of early game launch pre xbox one. this may debunk the speculated launch dates that have circled around AAA title games recently.

it makes sense for big time gamers on cod/bf4 who just have to have it and play it.. with the transfer of acheivments from 360-xbox one it kinda fits in.. and odds are their will be added acheivments for this as well.
yh i agree with this speculation, games lik tomb raider that are available on current gen and next gen consoles must be the target of this Ad, but as far as I'm concerned its just a waste...

Back