Xbox One You little jokers, Microsoft

OMGItsLifely

You lied to us and betrayed us. You said any game we download on our xbox, we would never have to put in the disc, EVER AGAIN. I tried this as soon as I got my xbox [yesterday]. Didn't work, why? I trusted you guys and u lied to me. I loved you guys, u betrayed me, im pissed.

Maybe the headline for the thread should be 'GAMING GIANT LIES TO IT'S CUSTOMERS'? To be honest it's not the first time and I'm pretty sure it wont be the last a giant corporation such as Microsoft bends the truth a little when it comes to advertising and promoting their systems.

While it's obviously not fair or right, I'm not sure that us consumers can do a lot about it and maybe we should just be a little more wary what we believe in the future and realise that they will do and say anything to sell more units, and at the end of the day that's there sole purpose.

I'm pretty sure they said that prior to going back on their DRM policies. It's not that they lied, it's just they went back on their word. To be honest, I'm really glad they did because that would effectively mean a disc would have absolutely no value after you install it.

Is not going back on their word though just as bad as telling a lie in the first place? Maybe it's just another example of how they shouldn't really come out and say anything if they aren't exactly 100% sure that's the way it's going to be, and when it comes to releasing statement such as this, they have to realise now that the internet is a place where you can find anything and everything so if what they say isn't true, they will be eventually found out and in the past that might not have been the case.

I understand, but they came out and said that all of this stuff wasn't going to happen. I think they had their mind set on their policies but after seeing the vast fan backlash they decided it was a bad idea in the first place; if you're saying they shouldn't have done it in the first place I agree with that but I think this is what they wanted to do until they realized this was going to bite them. Unless this is something they didn't clarify when they went back on their policy., and they just left us in the dark about.

It's good to keep us, the gamers, the consumers informed of what they are planning on doing with a console, but at the same time they don't HAVE to. You'd have thought that it would be good business sense to announce what they are doing or what they was going to do but now aren't, but in the great scheme of things instead of going back on their word, in this case they have just chosen to not mention it again.

It is always nice to be kept in the loop with whatever developments are taking place, but unfortunately, that is not always the case and a lot of times we are left in the dark...

A lot of the times I think that us gamers are left in the dark a lot of the time and while the companies involved might want to keep us informed of what's going on, they only tend to do that when it's something that is going to be for their benefit.

If they are releasing a new device and they want as much advertising as possible then we are the first ones to know. If on the other hand something they promised isn't delivered, they tend to just ignore that and hope we don't notice just like in this case.

Well I hope that you are not too disappointed. I think that I am just at the point where I am used to being lied to in almost every facet of life so nothing like this really takes me for a loop at all. It is always sad to see, though, but I hope that you figured out your issue and you were able to continue going about your business. Thanks for sharing.

Back