Xbox 360 Your opinion on Bully?

Fleexie

Hey guys.

What are your opinion on Bully?

My personal opinion is that it is a pretty nice game. I like the whole open world style that Rockstar is pretty known for.
The first time I played it I thought the school was pretty big however the more you get used to it the more you realize it is not that big. But that doesn't mean it is bad, I really like all the things you can do.
I like that the weapons are stuff that people actually could use on schools (except for some few) it is not like one big bloodbath more like you just knock them out.
The story was pretty decent also. I think it was a great idea that we needed to attend classes, and stuff like that.

I can by far say it is one of the games I have enjoyed the most.

I liked Bully a lot, it had a fun storyline (not a great one, but it was enjoyable), the missions were straightforward and fun, and I liked the selection of weapons. It wasn't a huge bloodbath at all, really. My favorite weapon was the marbles.

Bully was very different for that time. Rockstar's open world titles were always great because your character also go to live in the setting a bit and take in whatever the setting's culture was. Bully was a bit over exaggerated in that respect, but still extremely fun. The missions weren't over the top like a lot of GTA missions--which I enjoy, but still.

All in all a good game.

Have to admit I'm kind of surprised to see people on here talking about Bully! I downloaded the game not too long ago on 360 but I liked the PS2 version better. I remember liking the heck out of it the first time I played through it.

I actually liked the PS2 version more as well. There was nothing wrong with the 360 version, but Bully feels like a PS2 game that everyone else got later or something.

I remember wanting to buy bully when I was in high school. It looked like such a unique venture. From what I've seen of it, I'd love to play it. Unfortunately I can't really give an opinion on a game I never got the chance to play, but I can say that I really loved the art style and how the gameplay looked.

If you ever get around to picking it up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's basically a juvenile delinquent version of GTA: troublemaker/former troublemaker thrown into new/unfamiliar environment, has to solve problems while establishing themselves and building connections, and so on.

I loved it, it was kinda like a simpler gta. The freedom that comes with the sandbox style that rockstar does so well is apparent however they did scale it down to fit the subject matter with only the school and the small town being all that you can explore (it'd be weird if you could be skateboarding on the highway going 3 cities away haha) Story wise it pays homage to alot of private school stereotypes but that's kinda to be expected. Cliches, gross lunchlady, perv teachers, breaking into lockers, and there's even a mission for a panty raid....totally not related to the perv teachers...Anyway the cool thing about it that I rather liked it is the work/reward they did for it. You don't have to go to classes but you get bonuses if you do (seriously though, **** the english class minigame... ) and there are a few unlockable costumes for collecting the collectibles and what not so really it is like a school version of gta.

So ya, I thought it was a'ight

I played it only briefly but I have a good impression of it. I still have it on my computer somewhere, or maybe I need to download it again. I'd like to play through it soon but I have so many games to play in the meantime that I don't know when I'll get to it.

Yeah that is a problem. You always have games to get around to then you add more and have a larger backlist. The further back a game was released, the less and less likely it'll get some actual sit down time. :(

I have so many games to get around to myself. It doesn't help that a lot are open world ones. I can't just play from A-Z I'm going to want to explore too. I'm not complaining, but some games are going to be chilling until I can get around to them.

Oh and I loved Bully. I just played around in that game once the gates were open and I would stay out and outrun truant officers.

I haven't played it yet, but I've seen it for sale and thought about getting it before. How long does it take to beat the game? It's kind of like a Grand Theft Auto game, right? Main missions plus random side missions you can do?

Yeah it's basically GTA-lite, but not in say True Crime territory of GTA-lite--main missions, side missions, side distractions, etc. As for the time to beat the game I'd say a soft 20-ish hours to a hard 30-ish hours if you're playing and enjoying it.

One PS2 game file I had stopped around 34 hours, but I was running around doing some of everything. I read somewhere that the main mission is like 5-7 hours long though.

It's an awesome game, there is a reason Gamestop sells still sells it for like 30 bucks 4 or so years after it came out.

I don't think I have it for the 360 anymore, but I should still have my PS2 copy. Maybe I'll try to replay it soon.

That must be for new, plus GameStop drops the price on games ever so slightly for blockbuster titles and RPGs. However $30 after 4 years is impressive.

just a heads up, it's on sale on steam right now for $3.75 for the next 37 hours

haha gamestop selling it for $40 :p

Back