Xbox 360 Zagi

Murray

From
Midwest US
Oh Zagi, we know him well... Well, we're going to get to know him well.

Let me say that this game likes to take the difficulty of the world and increase it without notice. This is the instance where this is going to happen. You have this strange gal running with you. You hopefully at least have some Apple Gels and a Cape if you're lucky.

Zagi is the first real challenge you face. You're unfamiliar to the controls and Yuri probably is ...at max level 5 or so and you have one Arte. So how are we going to handle this power house guy? Very...very slowly and carefully. This opponent is very fast. He will land 3 - 4 attacks on Yuri, so I hope you've practiced either evading attacks with the free run ability or blocking attacks with our standard block. Both will come in handy.

He has one Arte called Reaper's Cross. When he lands this you want to be blocking it or else you could lose a big chunk of health. Don't be afraid to use your Apple Gels and don't be upset if you die here, its a learning experience. Because of unskippable cutscenes I'll usually go save after the cut scene where they find the room they are going to.

Alright, our strategy is simple. If he attacks we're guarding. If you're comfortable enough to do it successfully you can evade and free run your way around him but remember if he hits you its going to be between 40 - 80 health gone depending on the number of times you're hit. He won't let you keep your distance away from him for very long so free run and try to get him to attack before running off to heal otherwise you'll be stuck with the item in mid use when he hits you again.

Your only real weapons against him is a 3 hit combo followed up by your Azure Arte. Being able to do all 4 in this combo will greatly increase your chance of success because if we stay in this fight too long we're going to lose from just him out hitting us. So, slowly yet methodically attack and then block when he attacks or evade.

Find the timing and you'll find yourself losing 200ish hit points and using 2 healing items and I'd say that's pretty okay. Once you got it down in the EX play through he may not hit you at all, but right now that's fine.

So the mystery girl joins the fight and this starts our first Secret Mission. She can't take very much damage. This means we're switching our strategy to be much more aggressive. We're going to be on him and now instead of guarding we're going to want to keep hitting and using our Artes then going into a guard. Because of how aggressive we're being we're going to get hit but its okay the girl will be using first aid on you.

What we want is to be so aggressive that Zagi doesn't attack her. He may try to run for her or try to hit her, but we want to be all over him. The longer the fight goes now the more of a chance he'll connect an Arte on her and we'll fail that Secret Misison. Keep your combos good and use your Artes and you'll find yourself the proud owner of 400 xp and achieving a secret mission as well as dealing with one of the more complicated story battles in the first three hours of this game.

Back