Xbox One Zoo Tycoon Size limits?

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
My 5 year old was having fun in the free for all sandbox mode where you can just build whatever you want and make your dream zoo. I was very disappointed that she called me into the room because of an error message she was getting. She only had about half the land filled with buildings and exibits and it would not let her put any more down and said she had reached her limit???? Are you kidding me... this is a next generation game, why are there size limits on how much u can place? The size should be determined by the land you are on and you should be able to fill it up. I cant believe that it cant handle the amount that she had down. I don't know how many buildings she had, but I would not consider it full or a lot... half the land was empty. I cant believe that with the power of the new consoles, it cant handle a game like zoo tycoon. Anyone else had this limit? That's sad... she had to delete some of her non exhibits like fountains and stuff just to make room for more animals....Is there a way around this? Like upgrading a small exhibit to a large one instead?

Disappointed in the limitations of this game....

Same here my daughter has the same issues too. Well I guess the thing really has it's limits. I hope they can release a patch upgrade to have more space for more buildings and things to add on the place. Personally I don't play the game but my kid does.

Same here my daughter has the same issues too. Well I guess the thing really has it's limits. I hope they can release a patch upgrade to have more space for more buildings and things to add on the place. Personally I don't play the game but my kid does.

Bummer. Good thing my son doesn't play it that much so his so called city isn't that big. He would be really disappointed if he finds out about the limit.

What?! Wow. That is really crappy. I had been considering getting it for fun when the price went down a little, but until this gets fixed I definitely won't be wasting my money on it. I wonder if the developers are aware that this is a recurring issue.

Looks like they do...As The Escapist so bluntly put it:

Even in challenge mode, however, the experience can only be deemed fun up to a point. It takes hours to get to that point, but once it hits, it's overwhelming, and it hits right around the time one reaches the game's zoo size limit. Eventually, you'll be at capacity for exhibits, animals, and concessions, unable to build anything else, and the capacity feels quite constricting once it's reached. Not only that, but it can become incredibly frustrating once you're full up and still find yourself balancing the demands of your guests.

What?! Wow. That is really crappy. I had been considering getting it for fun when the price went down a little, but until this gets fixed I definitely won't be wasting my money on it. I wonder if the developers are aware that this is a recurring issue.

Yeah. This is quite a let down. I hope they can have an expansion pack for it.

I guess they are, well some developers do find issues and just creates DLCs to fix it and earn more.

I guess what was disappointing for me about this is my 5 year old reached her limit and she still had probably 60% empty land space available. Now don't get me wrong, she had a lot of buildings and stuff... but nothing that was overwhelming. Hell the first RCT didn't even have limits on the PC other than land size, but you could place as much as you could as long as it fit... and how long ago was that running on Windows 95.... just wow..... I hope they patch this to allow more... you cant tell me the xbox cant handle it....

I guess what was disappointing for me about this is my 5 year old reached her limit and she still had probably 60% empty land space available. Now don't get me wrong, she had a lot of buildings and stuff... but nothing that was overwhelming. Hell the first RCT didn't even have limits on the PC other than land size, but you could place as much as you could as long as it fit... and how long ago was that running on Windows 95.... just wow..... I hope they patch this to allow more... you cant tell me the xbox cant handle it....

Xbox can handle it, but I guess it was something they planned on doing. They might put up something like to expand the area pay $2 extra per expansion.

Xbox can handle it, but I guess it was something they planned on doing. They might put up something like to expand the area pay $2 extra per expansion.

I guess they weren't expecting this to happen. But well they might get a DLC available for this.

Back