Xbox One 12 minute of Dying Light footage released

wowtgp

Techland has released a 12 minute footage from their latest game in development, Dying Light. UIt looks really promising to say the least. Check it out -

[video=youtube;J2TSCZqcjR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TSCZqcjR0[/video]

Anything that moves away from static time and that uses that move as a game mechanic is something I really enjoy. Honestly, based on this footage this might be something I look into - or not. I can't remember if this is an Xbone exclusive or what. If so that's a shame, because I'm not giving my monies to MS... no.

This game looks fantastic! Really looking forward to it. Man, I really REALLY hope it doesn't end up being a disappointment...

This game looks fantastic! Really looking forward to it. Man, I really REALLY hope it doesn't end up being a disappointment...

Yeah, I hope that this game doesn't turn out to be a major disappointment. I hope that what I see here is just part of the huge open world.

They just announced the release date. It was reverse-delayed from February to January 27 2015.
Also, here's some newer gameplay (25 minutes). Looking good, hopefully Techland learned from their mistakes.

[video=youtube;eLIOoIrUqe0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLIOoIrUqe0[/video]

Still doesn't impress me yet. I think it looks and feels so much like Dead Island but with the extra parkour. Even the animations look identical to Dead Island. Not helped by the fact that Dead Island 2 is being made as well. I think I'll skip this one since I'm not a fan of this genre.

It looks decent enough, but I'll probably wait to make a decision until more footage is released. Visuals look good, for sure. Dying Light should sell plenty of copies when it's released no matter what my personal decision is. I would agree that it appears somewhat like Dead Island, which could be off-putting for plenty of gamers. I guess we'll know when the end of January rolls around!

Back