Xbox 360 Dishonored Achievements

Sawerin

Contributor
Below are the achievements for Dishonored, along with the number of achievement points you’ll receive and a summary on how to get each achievement.

Dishonored Achievement List:

Thief (20)
You pickpocketed items worth a total of 200 coins

To get this achievement you will have to show your stealth skills and steal things that in total will be worth 200 coins. This should be an easy task as long as you do not try to pickpocket guards. Though, if you want to complete this task in Mission 1 – you should pick-pocket all guards. If it doesn’t matter – Lady Boyle's last Party (Mission 05) is a perfect place to do the dirty job. It is definitely easier than stealing from guards. Looting 2-4 people should be enough.

Versatile (20)
You killed characters with each weapon and offensive gadget

I know that you have your very own and personal weapon of choice but to complete this task you’ll need to use all your arsenal and offensive gadgets. In order to become a successful killer, you’ll need: a crossbow bolt, regular bullet, explosive bullets, grenade, sticky grenade, springrazor, Corvo's folding blade or any other blade. And now just walk and kill people.

Ghost (30)
You completed all missions after the prologue, alerting or killing no one but key targets

Well, that won’t be easy cause the taste of blood it too tempting. But if you want to add this achievement to your list of success – kill no one but key targets. I guess that will make you to play the game more than just once.

Shadow (30)
You completed all missions after the prologue without alerting anyone

Hide in the shadows, run fast and kill everyone that will try to alert the guards. Of course, the best way is to use your cold and silence weapon, so, make sure they are sharp enough.

Mostly Flesh and Steel (50)
You finished the game without purchasing any supernatural powers or enhancements, besides Blink.

It is not actually fun to play such a great game without turning into a superhero but if you plan to kill people the old-school way without any magic or advanced skills (besides Blink) – this achievement will be yours.

Wall of Sparks (10)
You killed an enemy with the Wall of Light

Luckily, that won’t be an easy task to complete because as a rule you enemies appear to be pretty far from the Wall of Light and saying “would you be so kind to jump into that shining thing” won’t help. But here’s a method that works fine: use something to make the guard unconscious and make sure that he is not dead (choke-hold, sleep dart will work great); after that pick him up and get to the Wall of Light; throw the poor guy through the wall. But remember – if you want to become a hero and walk through the wall – you will die, so – don’t do that.

Rogue (10)
You assassinated 10 unaware enemies

Kill ten enemies before they spot the vengeance in your eyes. To do so, approach an enemy from behind and using Stealth Mode (press B) execute the fellow. Do it 9 more times and 10 points for a successful achievement will be yours.

Specter (20)
After escaping prison, you completed a mission, not alerting anyone and killing less than 5 people

To get this achievement you will have to hold your passion for killing people. Make sure that the number of bodies won’t exceed 5. Also, you have to be as quite as a mouse because if you make someone unhappy and he will set the alarm – you will fail the achievement. Though, even with 3 white bars in the alarm meter you can safely achieve the goal unless you get a red one. Also, the best way to make everything easy is to shortcut the whole mission as strong as possible and it would be a good idea to enter the Hound Pits through the front window into the room with bunk beds. And do not forget to use Dark Vision to check for guards.

Faceless (20)
After escaping Coldridge Prison, you completed a mission without alerting anyone

Sneak and hide, hide and sneak, use everything to avoid being spotted by the bad guys. I, personally, sneaked past the guards and got to the courtyard. If you want to keep things calm – do not use any powers and hide your weapon. This simple trick will help you to be treated like a friendly person and not like a hostile. When you get to the party – use the side staircase instead of the large one (trust me – it will help). When you’re upstairs – grab the clue in the bedroom and find out what color Lady Boyle is wearing (sorry – I can’t tell you cause it is random). Get back to the party and avoid the guards if any. Also, do not forget to talk with the guy in a scarecrow mask. He will advise you to take Lady Boyle to the basement (cellar) and by all means this is a good idea. Talk to the lady, invite her to the cellar, knock her out and bring unconscious body to Lord Brisby. After that get back to the party and head outside. Make sure that none sees you and make your way to the water, swim over it to get back to Samuel. I actually managed to be so successful that I finished Faceless, Specter and Well Mannered achievements in one mission. And can you do so?

Manipulator (10)
You made others kill 5 of their own allies

There is no need to do all the dirty job when the others will do it for you. If powerful mind tricks are too hard for your hero’s head, you can make your enemies obey using the simplest trick ever: grab a guard and place him in front of you – use him as a live shield. The other guards will try to attack you and this is the moment when a live shield will come in handy. Do this 4 more times and get your reward.

[video=youtube;ZeBChqsIgzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZeBChqsIgzo[/video]

Razor Rain (10)
You killed 5 characters with Drop Assassination

You need to be pretty accurate to finish this achievement. Get set, take your blade out and drop your body on your enemy. Also, you can just jump and kill people to make it count. It is important to hit RT at the right time to make it right. By the way – the best place to finish 5 kills is the Old Dunwall Distillery in Chapter 2.

Surgical (30)
You played from the first mission through Kaldwin's Bridge killing fewer than 10 characters

Ye, it definitely won’t be easy to finish this mission with killing less than 10 characters. That is why you will always have to keep one finger on your safe button and the other 9 on your gamepad trying to get through as quite as possible. This is the highest time to show how great your Stealth skills are.

Clean Hands (100)
You completed the game without killing anyone

Sounds crazy, right? But still – very and very possible. Of course, in this case the whole game process will take a lot longer to be finished and you won’t enjoy a greater part of skills, weapons and whatsoever. But instead you are definitely going to turn into a silent killer with the best hiding skills and will be awarded with 100 points of success. I have to admit that I haven’t finished this achievement yet cause I’m tired of saving and reloading my game again and again and again.

Harm's Way (10)
You caused 5 unintentional suicides

The best way to commit a crime is to make everything look like it was a suicide. So, if you are ready to cause 5 of them – a 10 point award is already expecting you. Well, there are a few ways to make everything look like a suicide: 1. wait until someone shoots at you, freeze time, posses the shooter and move him in front of the bullet. It sounds easy but for some reason usually I am not lucky enough to make everything right; 2. Fry people in a Wall of Light. That sounds a lot easier but still you will have to work hard to make everything right. In order to make people suffer and give their lives for free, possess and run them up close to the wall and then jump out. Your victims will stagger forward a step or two and will be fried by the Wall of Light. Of course, make sure that no one sees you.

Inhabitant (10)
You stayed in possession of others for most of a 3 minute period

It actually happens to be easier than it sounds: take control of a rat, crawl inside the vent, stay there for 3 minutes and crawl back. You are welcome.

[video=youtube;o6tDxV76qlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o6tDxV76qlM[/video]

Hornets' Nest (20)
You killed 4 enemies in less than 1 second using the crossbow

Killing four enemies in 1 second. “Impossible”, you would say. “Impossible is nothing”, Nike would say. You can come up with different solutions for this achievement but here’s what I did: at the Level 8: The Loyalists I activated Sokolov’s machine to send everyone to bed. Then I found 6 guards in front of a bar. I lined them up, froze time and shot all of the sleeping enemies with a crossbow. Maybe, not the most creative method ever but it worked and I am happy about it.

Speed of Darkness (10)
You traveled 30 meters in less than 1 second

I wish I could run that fast but, probably, not in this life. The easiest way to cover 30 meters in less than one second is too use Blink twice when bending time. But, for that matter you will have to have Bend time skill at level 1 at least and, of course, Blink (level 2 is recommended). Blink twice after having stopped time. But, there is a cheating method that might become useful too. Some people say it doesn’t work but it sure worked for me! The only suitable place is the last lighthouse mission. There will be a guy with a boat talking. Let him finish the conversation and get on his boat. As far as the boat travels at 30 m per second, I am pretty sure that no further explanations are required.

Tempest (20)
You killed 6 enemies in less than 1 second

Killing 6 people in less than 1 second is quite a challenge but basically all you need is to gather 6 people in one place. For example, make the guards be angry at you. When the six of them are near, bend time and use your grenade. Boom – achievement! You can also show some style and in the mission when you start in a pub, go to Piero and buy 10 tranquilizer darts (you won’t be able to get more at the moment). Use your tranquilizer darts to knock out 5 guards then stack them up as a pile and put whaleoil tanks next to the pile (YE, explosives!) it is important not to stack the 6th guy cause he will ruin the whole party. Just make sure that the last guardian will be attacked with the construction and when he gets real close – shoot the tanks and enjoy the sunset!

[video=youtube;ENSF-Kd7jhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ENSF-Kd7jhA[/video]

Merchant of Disorder (20)
You acquired 15 equipment upgrades

Basically, this is an easy achievement and you should not have any troubles making it yours. Just spend some time shopping and purchase 15 upgrades from Piero. This will come naturally though playing unless you plan to finish this game without using a single skill.

Art Dealer (50)
You collected all the Sokolov paintings

Sokolov was a great artist and if you want to have all his painting, I promise – that won’t be easy because whether you get his pictures or not depends on the way you play your game.
Painting #1. Mission 2: High Overseer Campbell. It is located in the basement of the building that Campbell is in. Follow the guy to get it.
Painting #2. Mission 3: The Golden Cat. It is located on the 2nd floor of the Art Dealers apartment. And it’s right across from Dr. Galvani's place.
Painting #3. It is located on the 3rd floor of the same building as where you found #2.
Painting #4. And again it is located in the Art Dealers vault which is up on the 3rd floor along with painting #3 but to get it you will need a combination that only the Art Dealer is aware of.
Painting #5. Mission 4: The Royal Physician. It is located in the bottom part of Sokolov's house.
Painting #6. Mission 5: Lady Boyle's Last Party. Check out the second floor in the Boyle mansion.
Painting #7. Search all 3 rooms on the second floor. It has to be in one of them (the same building where the 6th painting is).
Painting #8. Mission 6: Return to the Tower. It can be found on the 2nd floor inside the tower.
Painting #9. Mission 7: The Flooded District. Get on the roof tops on the right hand side of the necessary building and search them for the painting. Sorry – I can’t be more precise.
Painting #10. Kill/incapacitate Daud, escape down the chain, stop about half-way and take a look onto the broken floors.
Painting #11. The painting is located up in Granny Rags house but in order to get there you will have to finish Granny Rags and Slackjaw side missions.

[video=youtube;QloXKJUdpB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QloXKJUdpB8[/video]

Occultist (20)
You collected 10 bone charms

If you are a lucky owner of a special game edition, you will get 3 Bone Charms from the very beginning which should make your play a bit easier. In order to get the rest – equip the heart 'tool' if you want to see Bone Charms in your area.

The Escapist (10)
After Coldridge Prison, you eluded 5 pursuers at once without killing them or leaving the map

This is an easy task if you know what you’re doing. Sometimes, the only thing you will have to do is to draw their attention and then just find the guards by knocking them out. But there’s the other method that I personally enjoyed better: in Mission 2: High Overseer attract 5 guards and then use Blink to teleport somewhere where the guards won’t be able to reach you (a balcony on a second floor should work fine). Hide and wait when the area gets all calm and quite again.

Cleaner (10)
You fought 5 enemies at once and none of them survived

Find 5 enemies and kill them one by one. There is nothing easier than that.

Dishonored (5)
You escaped Coldridge Prison

As far as this is the Intro mission, you won’t have any troubles finishing it. Just escape Coldridge Prison trough the sewers.

Excommunication (5)
You eliminated High Overseer Campbell

You will get this achievement anyway as far as it is directly connected with the plot but there are three ways of solving the problem: 1. Enter the meeting room that is situated on the 2nd floor in the Overseer compound and swap 2 glasses of wine (one of them should be poisoned). Campbell walks in, drinks it and dies. 2. Kill him and make some noise. 3. Neutralize the target by obtaining information and discrediting Campbell.

Child Care (10)
You located Lady Emily Kaldwin, heir to the throne

As well as the Excommunication 5, this is a story related achievement and you should get it anyway. Golden Cat level: work your way to the top floor in the brothel. Lady Emily Kaldwin will be in the middle room.

Capturing Genius and Madness (10)
You abducted Anton Sokolov, Royal Physician

All you have to do is to complete a Bridge mission. Just go for it!

Regicide (10)
You assassinated the Lord Regent, Hiram Burrows

Mission 6: Dunwall tower. I found skills like upgraded blink, agility, windblast and possession pretty useful. The Lord Regent will be either in his bedroom in the tower or on the rooftop safe room depending on chaos you make. But either way you will kill him, so, just do what has to be done and you will score 10 points easily.

Political Suicide (10)
You brought about the Lord Regent's fall from grace by broadcasting his crimes

In order to become successful in completing this achievement, you will have to go the non-lethal way. First of all – visit the broadcast tower and talk to the announcer. He will reveal you a secret combination to the Lord Regent's safe. Afterwards, go to his room and get the confession Audiolog from his safe and use the machine in the tower to place it.

This Is Mine (10)
You recovered your belongings

This achievement comes in a form of a side quest. Just get your gear back. Otherwise, you will see a crossbow only by the end of the Game.

[video=youtube;dxEdkstEpY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dxEdkstEpY4[/video]

Resolution (100)
You completed the game

Just make it to the end alive.

Back Home (10)
You grabbed a live grenade and threw it back, killing an attacker

It does sound like an easy task but you will face one tiny problem: not every guard carries a grenade. Though, there is one right in the second mission. Luckily, he is the only guard nearby and none will come to help him, so, just wait for his move and send the package back home.

Big Boy (20)
You killed a tallboy using only your sword

Get your sword and kill the tallboy. The first two tallboys can be found in Mission 5: Lady Boyle's last Party. Blink from low or high Ground to them and press RT for the Kill. That’s all.

Secret Achievements

Dunwall in Chaos (50)
You completed the game in high chaos

Forget about stealth and safety, kill everything that moves and enjoy being evil. The madder you get – the better!

Just Dark Enough (50)
You completed the game in low chaos

The more you hide, the slower you move – the better your chances are to do everything quite. Stay in dark and work on your Stealth skills.

Vanished (10)
You escaped prison and navigated the sewers undetected

Do your best to escape the prison undetected. Keep your eyes on the alarm meter and make sure that no one’s running towards you.

[video=youtube;1kX9NxgYCR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1kX9NxgYCR4[/video]

Gentleman Caller (10)
You completed all the Granny Rags side missions

Just try to spend some time completing Granny Rags side missions. The first part of those is the Second Mission: Distillery District. The second part is near the end in the Flooded District.

Street Conspiracy (10)
You completed all the Slackjaw side missions

Lots of things are interconnected in this game and to finish this achievement you will have to do a lot more than just complete Slackjaw side missions. To succeed in Slackjaw mission you will have to complete Granny Rag Missions and then get to the part of Slackjaw Missions. Finish them all and allow Slackjaw to deal with your targets.

The Art of the Steal (10)
You got the Art Dealer's safe combination for Slackjaw, but robbed the safe first

This achievement is a part of a side quest for Slackjaw. All you have to do is to complete the quest but before you share the Safe combination with Slackjaw, make sure you rob the Safe first. It is called “playing tricks.”

[video=youtube;a_P4WJg9UZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a_P4WJg9UZQ[/video]

An Unfortunate Accident (10)
You killed Morgan Pendleton with steam

As always, you can turn into a bloody assassin and kill Morgan Pendleton with the rage in your eyes. But you can also do everything with a slice of style and creativity. Get into a room with a steam pipe, pick up the Crank Wheel, place it and turn it on the pipe. Observe the killing power of steam. If you are not lucky to find Morgan Pendleton in the steam room – knock him out or use a sleeping dart and relocate the body into the steam room. You know the rest.

Well Mannered (10)
You completed the Boyle Estate mission without spoiling the party

“Without spoiling” means without killing anyone. First of all – do the Side quest and find Lord Brisby. After that ask the guests about Lady Boyle and do not forget to search her room. A little whisper on her ear saying that she’s in danger will help you to make her follow you into a place quite enough to knock the woman down.

King of the World (10)
You reached the top of Kaldwin's Bridge

If you enjoy beautiful panoramas then use your Blink skill to get as up high on Kaldwin's Bridge as possible. The very second you reach the highest bridge’s point – you will get the achievement.

Bodyguard (10)
You protected Callista's uncle, Captain Geoff Curnow

This achievement can be completed right after the prologue. Your task is to safe Captain Geoff Curnow from poisoning. The simplest and the easiest way is to enter the meeting room from the outside ledge during the mission, rush to the table and switch two drinks with wine, then hide. You will figure out the rest.

Mercy is the Mark (10)
You spared Daud’s life

I personally finished this task in a couple of minutes. The basic idea is to steal Bonecharm and the Key Daud’s wearing without being detected. Use Blink or time Bending but NEVER use sleepdarts – he has those for breakfast.

Lights Out (10)
You deactivated at least 5 security systems on Kingsparrow Island

In order to get this achievement you will have to rewire no less than 5 security systems on Kingsparrow Island in Mission 9. Unfortunately, alarm systems don’t count.

[video=youtube;49862A9xWKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=49862A9xWKo[/video]

Long Live the Empress (10)
You saved Empress Emily Kaldwin

Depending on the Chaos level, you will face two different options in solving this problem, though – both of them are pretty easy. 1. In Low Chaos conditions you will have to enter the Greenhouse, find the key and save Emily. 2. In High Chaos conditions you will have to stay hidden and headshot Havelock after climbing out on the Lighthouse. Do not forge to save Emily from falling down.

Poetic Justice (30)
You neutralized all key targets using indirect means

Here’s what you should do with the targets:
High Overseer Campbell - knock him out and brand him with the mark of the heretic.
Morgan and Custis Pendleton - get the Art Dealer's safe combination from Slackjaw and he will do the rest.
Anton Sokolov – choke him or shoot him with a sleep dart.
Lady Boyle – do not kill her – a choke would be fine.
The Lord Regent - go to the Lord Regents bedroom access his safe and get the Audigraph. Head back to the broadcast tower and pop it in the audio slot.

Food Chain (10)
You assassinated an assassin

This is simple – kill the killer. You should meet the first one on your Third Mission “House of Pleasure” but if you won’t kill him – there will be others later on the Storyline.

Alive Without Breath (10)
You took possession of a fish

To complete this achievement I casted possession on a fish that swam opposite to Samuel's boat by the dock. Oh, and I took a bath as well!

Creepy Crawly (10)
You used a rat tunnel

Follow your heart and run through a broken vent with a possessed rat after casting possession on him.

Last edited:
Back