3DS Vs DS/L/XL/i

RedNeckJiuJitsu

From
Engaged in Spiritual Warfare
So we all know that the hardware on the 3DS is better, and while there are games like Street Fighter IV that make me think about upgrading, I just can't bring myself to do so yet. I'll admit, though that I don't often buy new games, and the DSL was the newest system I've ever bought, so I'm a bit partial to it and still getting some good use out of the games I have for it. DS and GBA games are a lot cheaper on eBay than 3DS games (unless we're talking Zelda games which never go cheap).

What are some of y'all's thoughts on the differences between the systems? If you had an original DS and got the 3DS, what was the biggest selling point?

The biggest selling point for the 3DS were Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Shin Megami Tensei IV. The 3DS' hardware is nothing to write home about and the 3D gimmick is incredibly stupid in my opinion (it's completely useless and it does nothing to enhance the gameplay) so it all came down to the games, unlike the Vita which does feel like it has upgraded the hardware a lot compared to the PSP and doesn't have any stupid useless gimmick.

I heard that the 3d aspect on the 3ds can hurt your eyes and is hard to get into the sweet spot to see it right. I thought I read that there was a built in web browser that worked fairly decently on it (compared to the homebrew stuff for the original).

What would get me to buy a 3ds would be if they put Chrono Cross on it. Which is only fitting, as the re-release of Chrono Trigger was what got me to buy the DS.

I heard that the 3d aspect on the 3ds can hurt your eyes and is hard to get into the sweet spot to see it right. I thought I read that there was a built in web browser that worked fairly decently on it (compared to the homebrew stuff for the original).

What would get me to buy a 3ds would be if they put Chrono Cross on it. Which is only fitting, as the re-release of Chrono Trigger was what got me to buy the DS.

I played with one for about 10 mins and it really hurt my eyes and I had a headache for the rest of the day. I had to keep moving it around to really see it in that "sweet spot". It was more annoying the anything.

The DS had so many great exclusive titles, i sometimes feel bad for selling it. Now, the 3DS, right now it only has about 5 interesting titles, the rest just being average games. Seriously, companies really have to stop putting hardware on the market without any supporting software.

Back