9 year old argues with his mother on a Xbox Live Clan Match

Pamalala

This is a really old video, but it's very funny and I thought at least a few of you might not have seen it before!

[video=google;-7153152098207965240]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7153152098207965240[/video]

Kids are hilarious. And kind of terrifying! (Does anyone else worry about him playing a FPS game, though? He's 9 years old!)

Last edited:
Someone needs to buy this kid a coloring book, although something tells me he wouldn't be very interested. But seriously, I'm not really sure that many nine-year-olds need to be playing first person shooter games anyway.

Someone needs to buy this kid a coloring book, although something tells me he wouldn't be very interested. But seriously, I'm not really sure that many nine-year-olds need to be playing first person shooter games anyway.

My brother was the same way, to be honest. When he was little and wanted to do/watch/play something and my mom wouldn't let him, he'd scream "BUT WHY?!" over and over again. :rolleyes:

Argh! I would be taking that right away. Kids need to get outside and play. I hate seeing kids that sit in front of the TV or gaming console all the time. It's sick!

I agree with you, Micci. Technology is wonderful, but there needs to be a balance. I remember a researcher saying in an interview that many kids these days don't have any idea how to write in cursive. And the scary part was that he dismissed that as fine since they have a computer keyboard!

Well, I find it weird that the mother would sit there and argue with her 9-year-old son. I mean, what can we expect from the child? Most children like video games and they aren't mentally developed enough to think trough stuff like this, but for an adult to get involved in a console fight with her kid is not normal...

Wow, I'm speechless. He's cussing and everything at his mother. I guess there is no dad and he is allowed to do anything he wants. I certainly wouldn't stand for a little snot nosed kid like that. If anything he would be crying for me to get off the Xbox. :p

I think it takes a lot more fortitude than you'd think to actually punish a kid and stick with it. If you don't start teaching them about consequences early, they think that they can get away with anything! And then when you do punish them they don't think the punishment applies to them, so it keeps escalating. You really need a lot of patience and inner serenity to "re-train" a kid, basically.

Males who have not yet had their voices crack are commonplace in shooter games. It's also not rare for people to be inane when it comes to their mics.

My kids game, but they also game with age appropriate and maturity too. I would never let a kid that young play a FPS. Funny having an open mic though, we have had issues like that before but our gamer friends always heard us talking to the kids in the back round in vent/team speak.

Hmm, this started to seem fake to me when the kid went off in expletives about his chocolate milk. If it's truly legit, I think the concern here lies in the way he talks to his mother and not that he's playing a FPS game.

Back in the day, there was this little thing called a slap in the face. If I ever talked like that to my mom, I would have been slapped. Thankfully, I would never talk to my mom in the way that little boy did. I am not sure what went wrong, but kids now a days are horrible.

While I am out shopping at Walmart, I hear kids talk like this. I am pretty sure I was never disrespectful or even cussed out in public. Now, I am no angel, but the kids I see now make me feel bad for the future.

Back