Xbox One A couple of xbox one questions.

Gamerdog24

Does anyone know if your xbox live membership will carry over to the xbox one? Also will your Microsoft points and Gamerscore carry over to it? Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated...:cool:

Live membership will carry over, but we don't know if that means that you will also be getting it on the 360 or just the Xbox One. Your Gamerscore will also carry over. I don't know about Microsoft points though, weren't they getting rid of them and just replacing them with cash?

thanks for the reply, I found out today about the points and u are correct about the cash, it will be carried over.

Nw that that's answered, what do you guys think of switching over to the PS4. Since Live is synched to both the 360 and One you'd be paying double to switch to the PS4 for online. It's something that I seriously considered. I won't be done playing 360 for at least another year so I need Live still.

What are your thoughts?

like posted above.
xbox gold will be transferable... we are unaware if it will deactivate your 360 gold membership
your gamertag+acheivments will carry over.

i am on the fence what i will do with my 360 if it kills my xbox live on it with a transfer. i was planning on putting the 360 in the bedroom for netflix/prime. but i would hate to be out 120 a year in double subscriptions.
now if the time warner app for 360 is good i may leave it hooked up and active for the tv app/netflix/prime and use it in the bedroom. really depends where i put the xbox one i guess.. could go in the bed room... depends which tv i have it on.

I think that Microsoft would just lose money by having two different accounts for each system, most because they would need different services in different servers, so they would need to provide with even more network costs. And then you have the stuff of, what do you do with everything else you got in the previous console? Just go to waste? With this, even support is easier because it's one less hurdle to jump over.

I'm sure your Xbox Live membership will carry over, however, I remember hearing that Microsoft will discontinue Microsoft points in order to start using real currency. So, if you have points on your account, I'm too sure what will happen with them. I assume that maybe Microsoft will transfer them into the equivalent of real money or maybe they might just become worthless.

I'm sure your Xbox Live membership will carry over, however, I remember hearing that Microsoft will discontinue Microsoft points in order to start using real currency. So, if you have points on your account, I'm too sure what will happen with them. I assume that maybe Microsoft will transfer them into the equivalent of real money or maybe they might just become worthless.

they become real money. if your on the beta system it is already carry setup as currency not points. i had points in limbo and it switched over iirc.

for people who are not on the beta its decent. it updates a ton tho i will say that. weekly... where the old dashboard was quarterly at best.

Does anyone know if your xbox live membership will carry over to the xbox one? Also will your Microsoft points and Gamerscore carry over to it? Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated...:cool:

Yes in all cases, If you're in a family gold pack deal thingy though then it separates it into different memberships with each gamertag getting the equivalent of what was left in the family bundle. Microsoft points are getting retired and changed to real currency and if you have any points left at the time of the change they will be converted into a equal or greater amount of your local currency. If you're a xbox rewards member then (in september I think...) they will deposit any pending points you have even if it's less then 100 into your account so they can be converted. Gamerscore will transferred as well plus you can play both 360 and xbone versions of a game to double up on the points.

Also @sc_shark it's a beta...of course it's gonna update alot. It's so when it's released they don't have to update it frequently since they fixed most of the bugs in the beta. Oh and try not to talk about it as you did agree to a confidentiality agreement

Back