Xbox One A genre that's never been explored?

diamondback8

It's got me wondering a lot: has there been a genre in the gaming world that's never been explored? Especially for the Xbox One? I always think that maybe we've already explored all the genres possible but maybe I'm missing something. What do you think is the genre we've yet to explore in gaming?

There really isn't anything, because if we knew about it then it would already be a genre. I guess the fusion of genres like RPG and FPS is in a way a creation of new genres. Just like the Borderlands and Bioshock series.

Hmmmm... I think we've explored almost every genre there is. orz makes a good point there: the fusion of genres. Borderlands and Bioshock are good examples of that, fusing the RPG and FPS to make games that have you think about where you want your character to be good at. Not everybody's character will be the same in those games so it's pretty good. I think that's it: fusing genres.

None that I could think of. Even games where you do nothing but play your eveyday lives like in real life exist. These recent years, devs even made hybrid genres like the above poster mentioned. Everything I can think of right now seems to have a game for it.

Yeah, I agree. If we've already explored all single genres, then we'll need to fuse genres. Hmnmmm... think we can fuse real-time strategy with, say, a simulator?

I guess combining genres won't be bad. Just like what I saw on some anime related games. They combined strategy + role playing + adventure + puzzle. I guess some of the games have that concept covered. But if this will be applicable to all games, I guess it would be a great improvement.

Yeah, I agree. If we've already explored all single genres, then we'll need to fuse genres. Hmnmmm... think we can fuse real-time strategy with, say, a simulator?

Simulator? Hmm much like RPG and social life together, well there are other games that have that same genre. I guess we've explored them all in my opinion.

How about an "adults only" type game? It can have nudity, sex scenes and more.

From what I know I have played lots of games with that type in the past. Mostly anime themed with nudity included in it. RPG/Hentai Themed games were quite a craze back in the year 2002. Well there are still other games similar to the genre up to now.

I've played the game Neurodancer on PC back in 1994 when it was released. The game has a showcase of naked scenes and characters. I guess the genre has been there ever since. I'm not sure if there are other genres that are not explored.

Come to think of it I haven't seen a game that has all genres in one. I guess it's rare for something like that to happen since there would be a difficulty in the game play if that was possible. But well, there are games that can do it separately (adding some minigames in it).

Back