Xbox One A more serious Dead Rising?

Xiaou

I can't quite decide what I thought of the trailer they shown, since I loved Dead Rising for being quite a wacky experience.
But that said, a more serious experience could be extremely good, taking the new world design into account.

As long as they keep full co-op comparability, I'll most likely pick this up soon after launch. :cool:

They already confirmed that the silly stuff is still in.

I think it's gonna be awesome. I just hope they get the framerate more consistent by launch. 30fps is fine for open world games like this, I think.

It looks pretty good from what I've seen. I've only played the first two briefly, but I generally have a favorable impression of the franchise. I caught part of the E3 demo during the live stream and it looked a bit more serious, but there was the silly element in some respects. They should definitely try to change things up a little bit since the zombie thing is really getting played out.

Regardless of how this turnout, it won't ever be as bad as the Saints Row cheesy factor, which is great, but not for dead rising.
Excited for the third installment!

I think they should keep the silly stuff, but make it less "in your face".
Dead Rising 2 (and off the record) were so silly, that I couldn't play the game seriously, even if I wanted to. But don't remove them :p

Zombies are getting played out too much now, they'll have to start coming up with new and unique ways to entertain, or it'll just blur with all the other Zombie stuff out there.

I think they should keep the silly stuff, but make it less "in your face".
Dead Rising 2 (and off the record) were so silly, that I couldn't play the game seriously, even if I wanted to. But don't remove them :p

Zombies are getting played out too much now, they'll have to start coming up with new and unique ways to entertain, or it'll just blur with all the other Zombie stuff out there.
In the E3 interview they said that is was still there, but as you said its less in your face now you just gotta want it.

It seems to me that Capcom is ruining yet another franchise of theirs, which is what they seem to love doing nowadays. It just doesn't look it's even Dead Rising anymore. Meh.

Dead Rising is one of my very favorite games, but I never bothered with the sequel. I *might* be interested in checking this out...but, I dunno, the tone seems very different. And, let's be honest, is there really anything "new" that anybody can bring to the zombie genre at this point? Zombies are (pardon the pun) pretty dead now. It's time to start thinking out of the box and stop trying to beat a dead horse.

im not excited or really following the game much. it looks ok but their are other games that have my attention. maybe as a pre owned or second hand later down the line but off the bat ehh im just not feeling it.

Capcom has been making very poor decisions for the past few years. And this attempt to alter Dead Rising is no different. The worst part is, they acted like they learned from it after the DMC and Resident Evil 6 issues. But apparently, that was just hot air. I don't want any game to fail. But Capcom sure knows how to set their franchises up for it lately.

That's a real shame, too, because Capcom used to be on the top of its game. Then again, the same can be said for Nintendo, and they've been struggling for a long time too -- even with the Wii.

You can add Square Enix right along with Capcom in regard to a company that was once golden falling off hard. I remember when both Square and Capcom were considered gaming gods and EVERY game they put out was pretty much golden. My how times have changed.

Capcom has been making very poor decisions for the past few years. And this attempt to alter Dead Rising is no different. The worst part is, they acted like they learned from it after the DMC and Resident Evil 6 issues. But apparently, that was just hot air. I don't want any game to fail. But Capcom sure knows how to set their franchises up for it lately.

I don't see the problem with driving cars and having an open world. I also like that they're making it a bit more serious - sometimes you get tired of the "wackiness". I mean there are times when I have to put away the Saints Row thing because it is really trying to hard to be "funny". That said it might be better to play the game or get actual reviews before acting like this is the worse game ever.

That's a real shame, too, because Capcom used to be on the top of its game. Then again, the same can be said for Nintendo, and they've been struggling for a long time too -- even with the Wii.

Nintendo is doing fine - and the Wii won the last console battle by a mile. Far more sales were recorded for the Wii than the 360 and PS3 combined. On top of that they own the licensing for Pokémon and that franchise is still pulling in the money hand over fist. Capcom isn't doing as well, but they aren't this abject failure. I mean... without hands on time or something more than a trailer to go on - how can you be so down on this project.

As people have already noted, the silly stuff is still there... I think they just wanted to show off the capabilities of the XB1. Namely, the amount of zombies visible on screen. True, the game does have a very bleak tone and color palette, but I don't think they'll abandon all that made Dead Rising what it is today. I'm just looking forward to chopping up zombies once again! Hopefully the new main character will be able to hold a candle to Frank West, but I doubt it.

Back