Xbox One Analyst say Xbox One Will Out Ship The PS4 3-1

sc_shark

Forbes is reporting the Xbox One is on par to out ship the PS4 3-1 on at launch and goes on to say that early adopters don't care about price. With the 360 outselling PS3 as a whole the market would dictate the same trend regardless of the lackluster E3 showing. Yes i'm a pre order/early adopter and the price doesnt turn me off.

According to GamesIndustry International, Sebastian said that ”Despite losing the headline battle at E3, Microsoft’s Xbox One appears to be regaining some momentum, in part due to the used and online policy tweaks. Importantly, our supply chain checks suggest Microsoft may have the benefit of a 2-3x unit advantage at launch compared to Sony's PS4

The price gap won’t matter much at launch, Sebastian points out, since early adopters aren’t as motivated by price concerns so much as they’re drawn in by platform of choice.

Via: Forbes

Oh yeah, PR is everything. But people will buy just about anything flashy if it's sold with a smile. I don't think that's indicative of anything besides there are more people buying the Xbox One than the PS4. Honestly, I don't see what the rush is if not getting a leg up on everyone else. I've never understood people who absolutely had to have the newest of everything.

idk about that.. being an early adopter is something you either care about or not. everyone knows that systems at launch get sold out before it hits the streets. remember the days of ps3 and 360s being sold out and retailers only getting 1 or 2 each shippment day if they were lucky.

i bought my 360 well after launch by like 2 years or so when i really wanted one was at launch but past that it didn't matter.. i had a few friends who bought early and we always had fun on them heck i even bought a few games so we had more to play on rainy days.

i pre ordered my xb1 early because i want a few games forza5 is one of them. i also wanted the division but it looks like next year fall title.

what really sux is wanting something and paying more to get it because you didnt pre order. id rather pay a little money monthly now than to drop a chunk later.

I'm always one of those who waits and see. We don't know if MS is going to snow us again with RROD and such. We don't know if there will be a very good library even we've had some previews. We don't know anything yet, but if you want to toss your money out there then fine. It doesn't really matter in the long run. Those who buy it then aren't indicative of who will do all the later sales. And of course as Christmas approaches we'll see where it all really lies.

I'm avoiding the Xbox One as much as I can. I agree that the PR is not really all that important when the two consoles get released. I'm still going for the PS4 because I know that it has way more advantages over the Xbox One. Sony has really worked hard on the PS4, and that's what I will be buying!

Can't say I'll be getting at launch and I will probably buy one of them at some point a few months down the lie simply because as of yet neither have games only on their system that I have to play. For now I'll stick with my PC and the two consoles I still have because I've never really been one to buy into something early unless it's cheaper like a game.

I bet this will only be in North America, I doubt they will get too many early adopters in Europe considering they said some features won't be available in EU until later. They also won't get any early adopters at all in Japan, I bet, because Xbox just doesn't sell in Japan.

I still think buying either console early is kind of dumb. Launch line-up looks terrible so far.

I'm avoiding the Xbox One as much as I can. I agree that the PR is not really all that important when the two consoles get released. I'm still going for the PS4 because I know that it has way more advantages over the Xbox One. Sony has really worked hard on the PS4, and that's what I will be buying!

I can see what you're saying. Personally when I do invest in another "next gen" console it'll be the PS4. I already have the WiiU because I love Nintendo. Anyway, Sony really looked at what they fell down on last time and made a point on fixing that this time around. On the other hand MS decided to go all TPTB on their console and now they want act all "shocked" because there isn't much enthusiasm for their system.

I bet this will only be in North America, I doubt they will get too many early adopters in Europe considering they said some features won't be available in EU until later. They also won't get any early adopters at all in Japan, I bet, because Xbox just doesn't sell in Japan.

I still think buying either console early is kind of dumb. Launch line-up looks terrible so far.

Actually - they probably won't get many sales in Japan because initially they told Japan they wouldn't be getting any support. That isn't something you forget easily, so I don't really see them doing well there or in Poland. I also imagine many other countries not wanting to deal with a company that had no initial concern for those without the necessary internet infrastructure to support their BS requirements before operation Backpedal.

Actually - they probably won't get many sales in Japan because initially they told Japan they wouldn't be getting any support. That isn't something you forget easily, so I don't really see them doing well there or in Poland. I also imagine many other countries not wanting to deal with a company that had no initial concern for those without the necessary internet infrastructure to support their BS requirements before operation Backpedal.

Yeah, those reasons will make it a hard sell on Asian and European territories. So yeah, I think that it might only outship the PS4 in North America, if anywhere at all. The PS4 will certainly be much more popular on Asian countries (just compared 360 to PS3 sales in Japan, for example) and will probably be more popular in Europe, specially if people are still pissed about how a bunch of EU countries would haven't even been able to use the system at all, like you've said.

I think it has a chance of out-selling the PS4 in places like North America, sure, but in other places that don't really get any support from Xbox Live services (like most of Europe and, maybe, Asia) I think PS4 will see a huge boost. That being said, even in North America, I think saying the Xbox One will outsell the PS4 3 to 1 is a bit of an overestimate. If the Xbox One does beat it out, it'll be close. Probably not even a 2 to 1 margin, in my opinion.

This is just a load of empty figures, does selling more mean that it will be the better console? Of course not. I'm not really sure what the point of this statistic is at all but at the moment it doesn't prove anything. It just looks like a marketing ploy to get some more attention and get the people talking about the Xbox One.

Yeah, those reasons will make it a hard sell on Asian and European territories. So yeah, I think that it might only outship the PS4 in North America, if anywhere at all. The PS4 will certainly be much more popular on Asian countries (just compared 360 to PS3 sales in Japan, for example) and will probably be more popular in Europe, specially if people are still pissed about how a bunch of EU countries would haven't even been able to use the system at all, like you've said.

Right - because as Medza says these are just empty figures being used to get folks looking at the Xbone. I really don't think this even approaches or covers all the various logistics that would harm or lower sales in favor of the PS4. I think this also ignores later cycle sales and the influence of friendship. If most of my friends buy a PS4 then no matter how "loyal" I might be to MS I'm getting a PS4.

As long as X1 is committed to gaming, and offers the full entertainment spectrum in addition...I'll stick with XB1.

I'm still a little leery of the kinect and the potential 'oopsies' on privacy, but I can adjust to have it only 'see' when I'm wanting to use it.

As long as X1 is committed to gaming, and offers the full entertainment spectrum in addition...I'll stick with XB1.

I'm still a little leery of the kinect and the potential 'oopsies' on privacy, but I can adjust to have it only 'see' when I'm wanting to use it.

Considering the emphasis on being an entertainment center rather than a dedicated gaming device, and the fact that the Kinect has to be seeing/hearing if you want to play, I'd say your two misgivings have been proven by Microsoft themselves. I mean, hell, the only reason they backpedaled on the DRM thing was because of the huge public backlash. Who knows what else they'll try?

I think they have learned a lesson from the users. Step on us and we'll vote with our wallets. This is a very profitable division for MS. I'm all but positive they're gonna walk really carefully from here on out.

There seem to be rumors on both sides saying that they will out sell the other buy this 50 percent or 3-1 which sounds like bull****. I mean they will each outsell the other in different locations and overall but not by that much. Considering that they will each sell in the millions I highly doubt if one sold 1 million products the other would sell 3 million, I mean why does number of sales even matter if you already know what you want to buy?

Maybe in North America, but i doubt it. Microsoft lost a lot of fans at E3, fans that no amount of begging or policy changes can get back. It's true that in the past early-adopters really haven't cared much about price, but this article makes bold assumptions thinking that those early-adopters are still there to begin with.

I would also have to say that Microsoft's fate is sealed when it comes to the user base in North America. However, other places where there are millions of gamers such as Australia will not be seeing the system released until they have sprung well into their career, anywhere between perhaps six months to one year, maybe even longer. So any "analysis" regarding these other countries is pure speculation that cannot be reinforced by data because there is no data, and is therefore not a definitive (let alone proper) measure of who will outflank whom in terms of sales. It frankly cannot rightly be called an analysis.

One thing is for sure though, if there is anyone investing in stocks, they should invest in Microsoft for the upcoming months, then when winter hits, should profit margins be exceeded, you will see some awesome monetary gains. If only I had the cash to burn.

Back