Xbox One Any recommendations on RPG games?

knives0302

Just curious on what to get first since I just got my Xbox One today. I want to know your thoughts on this. I'm a big fan of RPG games but I want to know firsthand on what games have you tried on Xbox One in the RPG genre. The only game that I have currently is Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare.

Well, I would have went with Fable, but I hear that there will not be another Fable game. Boo to that, but I guess it happens. I haven't really seen any new RPG games for Xbox One. What's up with that?

Fable, I guess I'll go with that. I have been a Fable fan for years but I'm not just sure whether to buy it right away. Did they add new things on the game like maybe classes or skills? I also saw a trailer for Final Fantasy 15 but from what I saw, it will be released by 2014. Still, I will get Fable, I'll add it to my "must have" list

Not a whole lot are released for the XB1 right now, but if you have a PC or a 360 lying around, I'd heavily recommend the Elder Scrolls series (from Morrowind up to Skyrim if you haven't played any), or Dark Souls if you're into something harder. From the games currently out though, AC4 and Ryse are definitely worth playing.

Not a whole lot are released for the XB1 right now, but if you have a PC or a 360 lying around, I'd heavily recommend the Elder Scrolls series (from Morrowind up to Skyrim if you haven't played any), or Dark Souls if you're into something harder. From the games currently out though, AC4 and Ryse are definitely worth playing

I agree with you on this. The Elder Scrolls series is highly recommended. But personally I like Skyrim and Dark Souls. I know there's a version of Elder Scrolls coming out for Xbox One. Haven't tried Ryse yet though.

I strongly suggest Fable and Elder Scrolls (that is if you are using Xbox One). In any case, if you are using pc, you can try getting Diablo 3 (by the way this will also be availabe on Xbox One), Diablo 2, Skyrim, The Witcher (The Witcher 3 will also be available on Xbox One). Also in case you have a lot of time to wait, Final Fantasy 15 will also come out.

Fable? Not recommended as of yet since it hasn't been released. Either way I recommend Elder Scrolls, Kingdom Hearts, Diablo 3. Though I'm not sure if these titles are released, either way it's something to look out for. Microsoft will probably release the dates when these games will come out by next month (possibly the final release date)

I think you shouldn't expect to get RPGs this year, maybe until mid-2014. Consoles don't usually have good RPGs on day one, they usually come a year or so later...

Kingdom Hearts 3, FF15, Elder Scrolls Online, Fables Legends, and The Witcher 3. These are some of the recommended RPGs to get on the Xbox One but these games are not yet released, so you'll have to wait a while. After all, PS3 and 360 didn't get their RPGs yet until a year later from launch. Don't worry, it will come. Until then, you'd better find something to keep your time until the RPGs come in.

What diamondback8 says. Yup, games aren't out yet but still, there are at least RPGs coming in. But hey, it's only just launch. We have yet to see what the developers are cooking up. We still have the CES coming up right? 'Bout the E3? There are still some game conventions where we'll see announcements. We'll definitely see news for more RPG.

Fable, Witcher 3, FF15 and KH3. There might be other RPGs in the works as the months go by, but so far, that's what I can recommend. You should also wait in the conventions like CES, E3, TGS and other gaming conventions. Also check out the gaming news. You'll never know what might pop up for the Xbox One.

Fable would be your only option right now. The new Dark Souls looks promising if you are into hard games. Hopefully a new Elder Scrolls game is announced in the next two years and if it is, that would be the reigning champion of RPG games once again.

Ah yeah, now that you mention it.... if you still got a previous-gen console (PS3, 360, Wii) then there's TONS of RPGs to play to keep you occupied you know. On PS3, there's a slew of 'em. Tales of series, Hyperdimension, Lightning Returns. With the 360, you can get your hands on Fable Anniversary, a remake of the original Fable for the 360. But for now on the 360, you'll probably have Elder Scrolls Online to keep you occupied next year. But yeah, have at it with some RPGs on the previous-gen consoles.

So far, most RPGs to recommend to you for the Xbox One is Fable, FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Witcher 3 and Elder Scrolls Online. But all of them are not out yet, so if like what the others say here, you still got a PS3 or 360 or Wii, then there's tons of RPGs to play with them. But if you're sticking with the Xbox One, you'll have to wait it out.

There aren't a lot yet to get on the Xbox One, so you'd best have a current/previous gen console to play with. You'll be able to play lotsa RPGs until then, like Lightning Returns and for the 360, Fable Anniversary! But like what the others say here, if you can wait, there's a lot waiting for you.

As others have stated there aren't much in the way of RPG's on the XBONE yet, but I'm sure there will be in the future. There have been some good recommendations given already for previous gen RPG's and I'd like to add another one for the 360- Operation Darkness. It's a WWII era tactical RPG with a sci-fi/fantasy twist. If you like tactical games it's a must buy IMO. You can pick it up used on Amazon for about $10, and it's definitely worth that price.

Well nothing is happening until 2014 but you'll have a ton of options then. The Witcher 3 is my number one must play RPG for either console right now. But we'll see what happens with release dates after the holiday season. One piece of good news is that The 2nd season of The Walking Dead game is coming out before the end of the month so there's something.

Back