Original Xbox Anybody Miss Halo 2 Online?

Caillou

Former Moderator
From
Iowa
I used to love playing Team SWAT and Snipers with my friends online. I was very sad the day they stopped the servers. What do you miss about it? Any good memories?

Yes and no. On one hand, aside from glitches/exploits, I'd consider Halo 2 to be fairly balanced even by today's standards. On the other, I think a lot of progress has been made since Halo 2, and replaying it wouldn't be the same. I'd love to play Halo 2 online multiplayer again, but it would probably just be for a short stint.

Halo 3 is a different story; if I could temporarily trade every other multiplayer game for 6 months to play it in its heyday for one month, I'd do it (I know, that is a goofy hypothetical xD).

You can still play halo 2 online and other xbox games, in a program called Xlink kai :D its like hamachi or tunngle you play on LAN(system link) you trick the xbox that you are connected to other xboxes! :D

Halo 2 was the game that got me into multiplayer in general. I have a lot of fond memories of it, but I wouldn't say that I miss playing it nowadays. I'm too used to newer games (including newer Halo games) that it's just obsolete. I'm still holding out for an HD re-release; that would be pretty sweet.

Yeah I definitely miss playing Halo 2 online multiplayer. For myself and many kids I knew growing up, Halo 2 was THE game to play. To this day I still remember spending countless hours online playing Halo 2. Even though I have really enjoyed the Halo games that came after, I don't think any other game will top the online gaming experience I had with Halo 2. Really looking forward to Halo 5 though.

I am in a tie between the multiplayer of Halo 2 and Halo 3.
In one corner i got the memories of me and my friends teaming up for LAN parties and having the fun of my life when playing Halo 2.
For other, i remember staying up late playing all day halo 3, so much that i left the console on, went to sleep for 2 or 3 hours and then i would wake up to play more.

I think i am going to go with Halo multiplayer in general!

I kind of miss playing Halo 2 but not its multiplayer. I haven't played its online multiplayer in all honesty. Didn't it have a lot of bugs and weren't there a lot of cheaters? I only started playing online on the Xbox 360. But, since I miss Halo 2, I think I would have missed its online multiplayer too if I have played it in the past.

Halo 2 was a really great game. The developers put a lot of time into the single player and multiplayer experiences. It was pretty diverse, graphics were pretty good at the time. So, I'd definitely agree that Halo 2 is worthy of being missed. I have Halo 4 that I have not played more than 10 minutes, so this is making me think I should do so sometime in the future.

I do indeed, I even reminisce and think back of all the good times I've had on it. My friends and I would have a blast playing with each other online. However, all good things must come to an end.

Back