Anyone else use an Xbox 360 Controller for PC Gaming?

nealbo

I've been into PC gaming for almost a year, and last month I decided to buy a new Xbox 360 controller just for PC gaming. I wasn't expecting much as I thought PC games were always meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse, but as someone who comes from mainly console gaming, it has massively improved my experience on the PC. Games that were OK are now so much more fun and games that were frustrating are now bearable! Anyone else use the 360 controller for PC gaming, or are you a keyboard and mouse forever PC gamer?

I use both a 360 controller (for most games) and a Dualshock 3 (for fighting games and PS emulation) when playing on PC. Love having access to both.

I personally do when playing BF4 on PC, I perform much better with an xbox controller on that game.

I've been meaning to get that adapter that lets you connect your xbox peripherals to the PC. I have a couple of driving games that dont feel right with a keyboard and mouse. I also happen to have an MS wheel setup.

Also, fighting games are just awkward on kb and mouse, so i definitely want a controller for that.

i play most games with the 360 controller, although I'm now hoping for PS4 controller support now.

I had a friend that does that when playing dark souls on his computer. I thought I would hate it since I'm so used to the keyboard and enjoy the options and flexibility it offers. But using it now, I realize that playing with a console controller can be more relaxing and "fun" since it feels less intense. You can just sit back on your comfy chair and enjoy moving around whereas with a keyboard, you're kinda already in a serious, focused position.

I had a friend that does that when playing dark souls on his computer. I thought I would hate it since I'm so used to the keyboard and enjoy the options and flexibility it offers. But using it now, I realize that playing with a console controller can be more relaxing and "fun" since it feels less intense. You can just sit back on your comfy chair and enjoy moving around whereas with a keyboard, you're kinda already in a serious, focused position.

Everybody plays Dark Souls with a controller on PC. Any controller. The kbam controls are barely functional for that game, even with mods!

I plug in a 360 controller when I play fighting games on the PC, I find it easier to play fighting games using a proper controller, keyboard and mouse isn't really made for games like that. I also find it easier to play stealth games using a controller, specially games that requires slow movements, when I play Splinter Cell on a PC I always plug in a controller. But for most games, I prefer using the keyboard and mouse combo, I think keyboard and mouse controls are more accurate and flexible, specially when it comes to FPS games.

I plug in an afterglow xbox 360 controller, I find it easier to play with, and find it more comfortable. I can relax and kick back on my bed, and play assasains creed to my hearts content, instead of being crouched over a keyboard and mouse.

I also enjoy the vibrating effect of the controller, no, not in that way... I enjoy it because it makes gamers feel more involved in the action of the game.

Driving games are also so much easier on a controller

I do!

I've gotten so used to using my controller for all types of gaming. I can't do keyboard anymore. I die way too quickly and do not react fast enough.

Yes! this is how I play when I am streaming games using Steam In Home Streaming. WOrks flawlessly. Steam BIg PIcture is really cool too.

Back