Xbox 360 Anyone look at discounted games shelf?

crazyduck

Does anyone look at the discounted/pre-owned game shelf in the game shop? I sure do and I pick up some great deals. I mean you can pick up a very good game that you have never heard of or wouldn't think of for very cheap. I love some of the games I have got off the discount shelf at the shop. Has anyone else picked up some gems from the discount section at the shop?

I do sometimes. I used to always do this when I was poor. However, I have had some bad experiences with used games where they didn't work on my console but would work on the store's console and I got into heated arguments with the store staff a few times as they did not want to refund my money. Nowadays I tend to avoid used games for the most part.

I sure do! I'm a super bargain shopper when I can be and that is a great way to get a bargain! I love when they drop the price of games I thought about playing but never bought since they weren't worth the money, that's when I buy and play them! I especially love them for games for my daughter seeing as how she doesn't always like everything she thinks she will like, so if they are used I can return them or if new I wasted less money.

I do. I can't think of anything specific, but of my 85 total games (about 65 are on-disc games), a good 65% of them were bought used, under $25 at a retail store.

I always buy soccer games from the shelf. I remember when Fifa 10 was coming out and it cost €60. Now i can pick it up at some shops for 60c.

Heck yea! There's so many games out there that I haven't played or even heard of. It's great getting them at greatly discounted prices. If i'm in the mood for a new game, i'll just look at any discounted/pre-owned shelf. I get the deals of my life a lot of times.

Even if i don't end up buying anything, it's one of my guilty pleasures just checking out what is out there, maybe see some prices and compare it to some online places. I still never found a better price in retail stores, but someday i will.

I bought Splinter Cell Conviction on sale for 9.99$ plus tax here in Canada (really high tax rates). Even with the tax rates, it was an amazingly fun game with a compelling singleplayer experience and fun 2 player co-op. It was totally worth the 10 bucks. Nowadays I rarely buy games for the full price of 60$ (and with tax, that would be almost 70). After that experience, I almost always wait for a game to go on discount for at least 40% off, even if I'm not one of the first to play the game anymore (well, with the exception of my favourite game series, Halo, haha).

Splinter Cell Conviction is definitely worth the $10! In fact its a great time when you can get something on discount, play it and then take it back and get a good trade in. I did this with the original Mass Effect. I got it onsale for 5 bucks. Was able to get quite a bit more for it. Can't wait to see what some nintendo games are marked at it in the future ...

I do all the time. I love the used games. They are in pretty good condition at my store and I haven't had a problem with playback. I also like buying used games on Amazon. You can get some games for like $8 and I think that's a steal vs. the $60 price it had when it game out.

I currently own 63 XBOX 360 games, and while I usually stay away from GameStop, I am willing to bet that out of 63, at least 40-45 of them I got for under $10. I feel like a hoarder because I'll pick up new (for me new) games when they're cheap as hell when I don't have time to play the games I have... Most from Amazon...

Someone help me.

I currently own 63 XBOX 360 games, and while I usually stay away from GameStop, I am willing to bet that out of 63, at least 40-45 of them I got for under $10. I feel like a hoarder because I'll pick up new (for me new) games when they're cheap as hell when I don't have time to play the games I have... Most from Amazon...

Someone help me.

LOL, having a lot of games does not make you a hoarder! I have more games then you do, trust me, and I'm not a hoarder! I have them neatly organized on a book shelf, mine are actually in alphabetical order so I can find what I'm looking for quick fast and in a hurry!

I feel like I'm picking on you today Robert Harp, aren't you also the one who has the dog that pees on everything vertical?

I too, look at the discounted games section. I am not a hardcore gamer, so I am not always up to date on game releases. Sometimes I happen to see a game on the discounted shelf that I never knew existed. My first reaction is to buy. While my second reaction is a thought on how big of a steal I got for these games. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying games from the discounted section on a store.

I do. You never know what little gem you might find there. You could always find a game that you wanted back in the day, but never got around to buying.

Most of the times it's the first place I look for games, it's cheaper and I get the same product I would if I got it new. If there is any problem the stores usually take care of it so it's okay, there's no reason to buy new games if there's a good used version.

I get most of my games from the discount bin. Why pay full price when I won't have time to enjoy it in the time that it takes the price to drop. I've picked up some amazing titles very cheap.

Does anyone look at the discounted/pre-owned game shelf in the game shop? I sure do and I pick up some great deals. I mean you can pick up a very good game that you have never heard of or wouldn't think of for very cheap. I love some of the games I have got off the discount shelf at the shop. Has anyone else picked up some gems from the discount section at the shop?

This is the only way that I shop, to be quite honest. I don't have that urge to buy games as they are released. I can deal with waiting and getting them for 2/3 of the price when they've been played a few times and then returned. For me as long as the game works when I get it I don't really care if it is new or not. I can't recall the last XBOX game I bought NEW outside of Skyrim. Let's be honest, Skyrim is a totally different animal. That was something I HAD to have on launch day.

always. As a matter of fact i got bioshock used and didnt regret it one bit.

Back