Xbox 360 Are you planning to sell/trade in your old 360 after the XBox One comes out?

Rocketman

Once the XBox One comes out, do you think you'll end up eventually selling the 360 and/or your games? I'm not sure if I want to let go, but at the same time, I doubt I'd ever look back either.

It's already on ebay, 250gb kinect bundle plus 10 games for $220, need to fund my xb1 preorder.

I am definitely going to consider selling my Xbox 360 now. Trying to upgrade my PC, I need all the money I can get considering I am a student with no job as of yet. I'm just wondering how much my Xbox 360 is capable of selling, being a used Xbox 360 Elite non-slim.

No, but mostly because of the backwards compatibility thing. I'm not getting an Xbox One right away anyway, so I'll be waiting for the price to drop rather than trying to scrape together the full release price. I've only ever sold one console to buy a newer one, which was my original Xbox. I ended up getting a 360 as a gift anyway because I never got enough to buy one myself. That's just me, though.

I like to keep my consoles so I I'm not going to sell it.
Not only that but I'm not sure what games are going to be backwards compatible and I really like the game library the 360 has. That and I would have to sell it very cheap and I feel like it's worth much more.

It probably isn't worth it. I bought it for £100 second-hand two years ago, and it wasn't in great condition back then. Now, it's on its last legs - it probably wouldn't survive transit, and it certainly wouldn't get me much.

I might sell a few games, but there's some games (Tales of Vesperia in particular) that are quite valuable, and I don't really want to part with.

Besides, I still have a few games to catch up on - I've yet to get around to playing Halo 4. That'd be difficult without an Xbox.

I already gave my 360 to my brother, so this doesn't apply to me. Still, I can't see much of a reason to keep old consoles around if newer consoles are backwards compatible. Unless of course you are a collector, then by all means keep it and add it to your collection.

I will sell my 360 and try to buy a second hand PS4 next year, but unfortunately the current price of a 360 is very low maybe 200$ if you get lucky. I will keep all the games that I bought during the last 4 years for my personal collection.:)

No, i think i will still play my xbox 360 more then i do with the xbox one.

It's just not worth it, but i think taking from previous decisions on selling other consoles, i will later regret it and there is not way to get them back without paying again, so no, not selling it for anything in this world.

I don't think I'll sell mine, no. My family tends to hold on to a lot of our consoles and considering we still have the NES, SNES, 64, PS1, PS2 and so on - I doubt we'll be getting rid of the 360 or even the PS3 for that matter. It just doesn't seem worth it and I still enjoy going back to older games on a regular basis anyway.

No way, the future is going to be chaotic right now, and with how gamertags and such being a one-way trip for the XBOX One and no turning back, it’s best to appreciate whatever you can get out of the 360 and other consoles.

It’s not going to be too surprising when they make discounts later on after the hype isn’t boiling so much, but I have a feeling this might take a few years to reach that state. Unless online servers from previous consoles shut down completely, there’s still going to be people playing online and single player as well.

I think consoles and games are more enjoyable when you just allow yourself to be patient and resourceful with what you do have instead of going around impulsively buying the “next greatest” thing that gets updated every few months or so.

Back