Xbox One Ask Microsoft Anything About Xbox One, Week 7

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
The fella's at IGN have release another update in their ongoing feature, where they ask Microsoft several questions.

NEW ANSWERS ADDED 9/16:

What is the minimum distance you can stand and have the Xbox One Kinect function properly?

MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT: Well, it depends on how tall you are and where you place your sensor. But on average, a 6 feet tall person can stand 2 feet closer than they could with the first generation Kinect sensor.

Will you offer extension cables for the Kinect sensor? For those of us whose AV racks are a bit further than 3 meters away...

WHITTEN: It is something we are looking at, but don’t have anything to announce at this time.

Any chance, with the power of the cloud and new online functionality, that games and experiences like 1 vs. 100 might come back? i.e. "live" video games?

WHITTEN: Great question – we believe in the power of the community and live events and “1 vs. 100” is a great example of that in the past. We’ve been focused on building experiences around live or linear content – sports, fitness, live events and more. You’ll see many of these ideas in products like our NFL experience, the UFC experience and much more. This is an area where we will keep experimenting and learning with our community.

Is there a more robust stat tracking for seeing how long you have played each game?

WHITTEN: In Xbox One you will find a consistent and powerful experience for tracking your own activity and progress in any game or app, as well as comparing your stats with the people you care about. Some of the interesting gameplay statistics you can track include how long you have played and your overall progress on each game. In addition to this, each game and app will be able to showcase compelling and engaging aspects of their title (we call these hero stats) and display this directly on the Xbox One dashboard.

Outside of pinning favorite games, how will I be able to organize my digital games?

WHITTEN: Your home screen always has the five things you've done most recently to give you fast access to the games you play the most. Your library shows you every game and game add-on you own, digital and physical, whether or not you have it installed, sorted by what you've done most recently. But Pins are the best way to organize the games, apps, websites, movies and TV shows, and music you care about.

Source: IGN

While nothing here is particularly exciting, it is nice knowing that tracking our stats will be more in depth. This is something I've been wanting and have instead been using sites such as Raptr for the same service. I was also a HUGE fan of 1 vs. 100 so having the possibilities of such games returning is good news. The only other thing to catch my attention is the ability to have your most recent activity front and center. I like being able to get to gaming as quick as possible!

The fella's at IGN have release another update in their ongoing feature, where they ask Microsoft several questions.

Source: IGN

While nothing here is particularly exciting, it is nice knowing that tracking our stats will be more in depth. This is something I've been wanting and have instead been using sites such as Raptr for the same service. I was also a HUGE fan of 1 vs. 100 so having the possibilities of such games returning is good news. The only other thing to catch my attention is the ability to have your most recent activity front and center. I like being able to get to gaming as quick as possible!

tumblr_mqpplzoH0H1sur8xko1_500.gif

Same here friend. My wife and I would have friends over every night playing that game. Was SO much fun and really brought a new exp. to LIVE.

Thanks for the information! I really enjoy getting to know more about the Xbox one with articles like this :)

1 vs 100 was so great. I almost forget it existed some times. I know it takes some resources to maintain but I really wish they would bring that back and maybe even expand upon it.

Oh man, it's been ages since I heard of 1 vs 100. I would absolutely love to see it back, it was a super neat concept.

Back