Xbox One asked gamestop xbox one digital pre orders

sc_shark

so i have asked gamestop questions before via email(support) i used other which i have done with other xbox one questions.

so my question went something like this.

will gamestop be offering digital pre order/digital download similar to steam/xbox live. i like the not having to swap disks to play games and was wondering if this is something games stop is looking into with next gen gamming?

they have been faily good about answering emails... so we shall see what they say.. i will try and update when i get them email or if i get one back..

so i have asked gamestop questions before via email(support) i used other which i have done with other xbox one questions.

will gamestop be offering digital pre order/digital download similar to steam/xbox live. i like the not having to swap disks to play games and was wondering if this is something games stop is looking into with next gen gamming?

they have been faily good about answering emails... so we shall see what they say.. i will try and update when i get them email or if i get one back..

Well I think it would be up to X1 in the end. I dont know how GS would be able to give us a pre-order of a DD game without us..downloading it

What would be the point of preordering a DD from a retailer? Not like DD games are going to be sold out. Besides why go to a store to buy something you can from your couch? Microsoft already said there will be bonuses when getting stuff through their digital store anyways.

What would be the point of preordering a DD from a retailer? Not like DD games are going to be sold out. Besides why go to a store to buy something you can from your couch? Microsoft already said there will be bonuses when getting stuff through their digital store anyways.

Thats what I was thinking. I mean like me I am going all DD along with my wife and if i have to wait a few to downloa dit, then im alls et.

because its the same way xbox live will work. it could be as easy as a dlc (content code) something that already exists on xbox live. diffrent game/stores offers diffrent content on pre order. gamestop,walmart,best buy somettimes carry or offer diffrent dlc.

the fact is a game on xbox live will have some code or server reference number. all gamestop xbox live,best buy,target need to do is be able to allocate a number to the game. its the same thing microsoft will be doing in theory. if microsoft has no competition for game sales it can dictate market value of a game or content this is what is happning now and we continue to see the pool of developers dwindling.

I had a 360 and ditched it for ps3 a few years back because of the RROD happening 4 times. PS3 sucked because of network issues. Just pre orders the xb1 and so anxious.

I have a question. Will all games be available for digital download? I'm hoping if that's the case that I can store some games on an external hard drive, although that shouldn't matter due to cloud services.

I had a 360 and ditched it for ps3 a few years back because of the RROD happening 4 times. PS3 sucked because of network issues. Just pre orders the xb1 and so anxious.

I have a question. Will all games be available for digital download? I'm hoping if that's the case that I can store some games on an external hard drive, although that shouldn't matter due to cloud services.

Yes, confirmed day one digital

The benefit for GameStop to have DD and potential discounts on them is that you can still sell your games to them and that will work for your credit. Now, eventually people will run out of discs to sell, but I could see that as a reason as to why you'd want them in on the selling of DD.

I have to say though, if and when all games come digitally, I'm thinking about setting up a stand, much like a newspaper one and opening up a game store. If all I have to stock is game cards and codes, that will be so easy to do and rent. I need a location near a bathroom, though.

Back