Xbox One Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag announced!

Haze

Former Moderator
From
Australia
ac_black_flag_large.jpg

Source: http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-confirmed-box-art-revealed

Ubisoft has confirmed that the next entry in the Assassin’s Creed series will be called Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. The news comes in the form of the game’s first official art, which you can check out below.

Today’s announcement confirms the title initially revealed by leaked marketing material this week and also expands upon Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot’s comments earlier this month that the newest Assassin’s Creed game features a new hero and time period.

While no concrete details are given in the art, it’s immediately clear that the game will involve pirates, just as rumors suggested a few weeks ago.

Want to know more about Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag? IGN will be live streaming the game's official announcement -- including the first details -- on Monday, March 4th at 9:00 a.m. Pacific (5pm GMT). Our pre-show starts at 8:30, so tune in early and find out all the news as it's revealed.

Looking forward to hearing more about this game!

Instant money for those guys, no reason not to keep pumping them out.

Cover looks badass. Pirate setting sounds good. More Assassin's Creed. Hell yeah, son.

Hope this turns out better than Assassin's Creed 3, and there's a chance that the main character will be a jollier, likeable character if he's a swashbuckling pirate. Anyways, tentatively looking forward to it.

Another Assassin's Creed? Sigh... it has been going pretty downhills in my opinion. Let's just hope it's not going to turn out as Call of Duty with too many franchises which lack new good content. AC3 was better than Relevations though, I must confess that.

Another Assassin's Creed? Sigh... it has been going pretty downhills in my opinion. Let's just hope it's not going to turn out as Call of Duty with too many franchises which lack new good content. AC3 was better than Relevations though, I must confess that.

I think I read a while ago that Ubisoft will be releasing a Assassin's Creed game annually just like COD.

I just started playing Assassin's Creed 3 and these guys are already number talking 4 ? Lol! I must be behind with the series but 3 is pretty ok, I like the main character even tough it would have been better if he had more personality, but the story is fun and enjoyable.

The trailer made me feel like I'm watching a Pirates of the Caribbean movie trailer. I actually think that the pirate theme is pretty cool and I sure hope that this is going to be way better than the previous 2

Personally, I've never played any of the AC games past AC II.

It seemed like the series was repeating itself and not adding much new stuff. I'll have to check this out, but I have not seen a big change in the series. The game also seemed really easy. The fights were simple and I could just go by and slash 20 people and run or do anything. Wasn't much of a challenge to the game.

Personally, I've never played any of the AC games past AC II.

It seemed like the series was repeating itself and not adding much new stuff. I'll have to check this out, but I have not seen a big change in the series. The game also seemed really easy. The fights were simple and I could just go by and slash 20 people and run or do anything. Wasn't much of a challenge to the game.

Brotherhood was a surprisingly great game. It's my favourite in the series. But I couldn't get into Revelations and Assassin's Creed 3 was just not for me.

Brotherhood was a surprisingly great game. It's my favourite in the series. But I couldn't get into Revelations and Assassin's Creed 3 was just not for me.

Same here Revelations is probably the worst AC in my opinion. I kinda like the Assassin's Creed III though. At least it's not as bad as the Revelations. But I'll agree with you. Brotherhood is also my favorite. Actually I played Revelations before buying Brotherhood. That's why I hated Revelations that much because Ubisoft failed to step it up. That's why my expectations for AC IV is pretty high after watching the trailer. I think the concept is pretty interesting.

That trailer was really cool. Really looking forward to this game, man!

I feel like their not making any dramatic changes with these series to keep me that interested. I'm pretty sure I'll pick this up and play it but it won't be my first go to game.

I know right. If I don't know what I'm watching I'll probably mistaken that trailer to a Pirates of the Caribbean : The Animation trailer, lol. I also heard you can control the ship in some point. Plus the good this is you can customize it!

Looking foward to this didn't love AC III like AC II though for some reason. As you guys said the series is just repeating and I would like something new. I hope AC IV brings something new to the Assassin's Creed series.

Not looking forward to it, who's this new Kenway dude? They're rushing with making sequels to Assassin's Creed, just like Activision/Infinity Ward did with Call of Duty. Treyarch did a way better job, though.

Yes I agree with you they are both rushing but Treyarch actually gives you something to do after the campaign which is zombies and multiplayer but in my opinion the Assassin's Creed multiplayer isn't that great. They need to wait for AC IV for another year or so and work on the mutiplayer.

I've played a little bit of the AC series, although not much. I enjoyed what I played though. I thought the trailer for Revolutions looked great, but apparently, according to this thread, it didn't live up to it.

I'm not that big on pirate games, but I'm sort of interested in this. I think I'd prefer to see an AC game focused on Ninjas, though, TBH.

Going to what people said about companies rushing out half-baked sequels, that's just the way the world is now: we're so focused on what comes next that we can't enjoy what's out or spend time crafting the next thing in order to make it better and live up to expectations.

Back