Avoiding XBL PM spam?

kateric99

This probably has bothered you too at some point. If I'm playing a popular game, no matter what I do, I always end up getting bombarded with messages.
Whenever I play some drop-in matches in FIFA 13, I always end up getting FIFA Ultimate Team 'duplication glitch' scammers and things like that.
Is there a way to turn off the messaging system so that I won't even get these messages?

I used to get these types of spam when I used to play COD a few years ago. Unfortunately there is just no way of stopping them. If it were the same group of people then you could block them, but if it's a random person each and every time then not much can be done. Only sensible thing would be to report them unfortunately...

I have had the same problem a few times while on XBL. Like Haze said, if it is a different person each time there isn't much you can do. Turn your status to busy and immediately block communications with the person. Another way to minimize spam is to be the neutral person in the game you are playing. Don't yell or start a fight, be the calm and collective one. Even if that person makes you mad enough to become aggressive, just leave the game. It's a damn game, don't let it rule your emotions.

Back