Banned for promoting a Discord

GenomeZ100101

I was banned from communication and Xbox Looking for Group posts just for advertising a Discord through them. It is a small community just looking for more people to help out in creating our Minecraft Realms. I would make the post every 15-20 minutes to keep it fresh, and after about 4 or 5 hours I got an email saying I had been banned. I wasn't posting anything explicit, I was copy and pasting messages to people that were interested in the post.

This is the original post I was doing until it started having errors, saying I had to "keep it clean".

⚜️ℕ Looking for active staff, join if you want to apply! Discord - (Removed so I don't get banned from here too)

And when someone was interested I would send them this in messages.

Hello, please use the Discord code to join the Network and apply for staff! If you are accepted you will be given access to the realm, we could use all the help we can get! Discord code - (Removed so I don't get banned from here too) . Be aware we do not accept applicants younger than 15, people need to be mature to manage a server, sorry! NOTE: If you are younger than 13 please do not join! Discord does not allow users under that age, and it could get us in trouble for having you in our server!

The enforcement still hasn't shown up on my enforcement history, and I was given no reason in the email. I want to get it either resolved, I think I was wrongly suspended, or understand why I was. I have skimmed the Terms of Service and Agreements, and no where did I see promoting other platforms and trying to gain a following was against anything. It said the enforcement had taken action at May 27, 2021 at 1:47:19, and I will be unsuspended July 10th at the same time. The issue with this is I remember not being able to post anything after 10:00 pm roughly. The only thing I can think of is the people I had sent the message to, which was at least over 50 people, though my account was a bot and so they reported it.

The representative I talked with briefly gave me this code as a reference number (1523727610), not sure what it is for but I'll put it here if its important

Thank you for reading, and I hope this can be resolved.

P.S. Just started using Forums, not sure what to do.

Last edited:
Back