Xbox One battlefield4: UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS

sc_shark

full article:http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-vehicles/

basically the whole article quoted....
Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.

2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.

3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.

4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.

5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.

6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.

7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.

Tanks and Anti-Tank
1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.

4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.

allot of the updates kinda get under my skin...
the mbt law may be a beast.. but you are exposed while using it. with 32 other players trying to kill you the fact you can pull off a locked attack is slim most of the time. we are already limited to 350-400m maximum distance with a locked device.. and the only other way is to have someone scout/paint the vehicle.. which than leaves 2 team members exposed.. i say extend the range leave the damage alone... the stability of a being hit via a missle or explosion needs to stay in game... an rpg,mbt,homing whatever should be a 1 shot 1 kill on aircraft like in real life. the counter measure is poping ir/flairs.. and the ability to duck behind a building unlocking the missle..

taking away anti aircraft missles will make that vehicle pointless. its already a 2 shot destroyed vehicle.. helicopters and such have 3 options of attack where in anti aircraft your a sitting duck.. u watch now you will see fearless helicopters rushing vehicles popping smoke./flairs with 2 gunners tearing vehicles to peices.. every change to weapons/vehicles is giving aircraft more power..
level out the playing field.
it takes 2/3 shots from locked anti aircraft to destroy a helicopter which usually results in 2 hit shots and eveyone bailing... and 0 points awared for taking down the helicopter. it may not be direct take down via vehicle hits but it was the cause.. and should be awarded.. especially with the changes.

I agree with everything you said. Generally I can get 1 LAW off, and when I am lining up for the 2nd shot I am popped by someone on the other team.

The missiles on the AA are frustrating. I've put 4 missiles into a helicopter and it is still flying. So in order to increase the odds of a kill it is 2 missiles, 30MM cannon until it overheats, and then 2 more missiles. And as you said, generally it is at this point that everyone bails and I get no credit.

i played for about 6 hours last night... and i can say the patch has like before exposed more issues.

1# sound is still not fixed...
2# browse lobby does not show anything but domination for me.. i have to look thru my history folder for conquest
3# i have had issues with no controles but fire and reload.. couldnt zoom,throw health or switch to 2ndary weapon ect ect..
4# random issues when in scope my ir does not work.. gun and vehicle.. it will zoom but the color change wont show up.. and sometimes i get the odd black wash glitch.. sometimes will hold for 10-20 seconds
5# still have killed by 0 people.. or they show zero health and are still running around.

i did have one of my best matches tho last night.. some 25000 points. . it was in a 20v20 conquest.. and i will say again and again a 25v25 is perfect for bf4... with the map sizing.. i would go as far as 27v27... but not 32 vs 32.. it dosnt seem like much but it honestly is... it keeps teams together... it makes you want to be stealth... it makes you try... and gives you a fighting chance..

Screen shot 2014-01-31 at 6.57.32 PM.jpg

3# i have had issues with no controles but fire and reload.. couldnt zoom,throw health or switch to 2ndary weapon ect ect..
4# random issues when in scope my ir does not work.. gun and vehicle.. it will zoom but the color change wont show up.. and sometimes i get the odd black wash glitch.. sometimes will hold for 10-20 seconds
5# still have killed by 0 people.. or they show zero health and are still running around.

So far experienced these 3 items on your list.

thse seem to be a major occurance in my games.. especially the 0kill thing.. that was a fix/patch the first time.. i never had an issue with it untill the patch.

i have also gotten the guy under the map killing me.. where it shows him swimming... on a map with no water around... rogue transmission/landing dam. this is a recent thing.. like last 2 night.

the other new one from tonight... getting killed by no one... random killings.. screen will start bouncing and show me as self kill in the log?? so idk what it is.

Back