Xbox One Best way to reboot the system?

Vortimous

From
New Orleans
Today, I lost the signal to the TV, first time since Christmas install that I had an issue. I read some online and they said that a reboot would fix it. My question is, what is the safe way to reboot? I said xbox off. Then I unplugged the outlet for about 10 seconds. Replugged it in. I had to manually turn on the xbox with the button since it no longer would start with xbox on. Once it powered up, the TV reconnected. But is that the safe way to reboot? Since the xbox is in sleep mode waiting to hear xbox on to start up. The brick power supply was still white showing that it was in sleep mode. What is the proper way to reboot safely?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would do is turn it back on from standby before shutting it down completely. Whatever it is, I'm sure nothing will happen to the Xbox by the way you did it. If you've checked and everything is working as it should then you have nothing to worry about.

I think that the way that you rebooted it is fine. You basically treated it like a modem reboot :) I looked for more information but wasunable to find it. If you have this happen again, let me know. I'll contact Microsoft directly and get an answer for you, although I'm pretty darn confident that what you did is perfect!

If you touch and hold the power button on the console till it turns off I think it accomplishes the same thing. When you turn It back on after waiting 10 seconds or so it does the long reboot. I have done this on several occasions when I was having some minor issues. Got that tip from the video in KN1GHTMARES sticky on "How to clear your Xbox One's cache".

that sounds about right honestly. i dont see an issue arising if you unplug the power pack all together to do "hard restart" its not like you did it mid game or in a loading sequence.

Today, I lost the signal to the TV, first time since Christmas install that I had an issue. I read some online and they said that a reboot would fix it. My question is, what is the safe way to reboot? I said xbox off. Then I unplugged the outlet for about 10 seconds. Replugged it in. I had to manually turn on the xbox with the button since it no longer would start with xbox on. Once it powered up, the TV reconnected. But is that the safe way to reboot? Since the xbox is in sleep mode waiting to hear xbox on to start up. The brick power supply was still white showing that it was in sleep mode. What is the proper way to reboot safely?

Thanks

The problem you are experiencing is due to the fact the Xbox is not dumping out it's cache and therefore it is causing the apps to cache due to a lack of available RAM. Luckily we put a guide to help everyone clear out the cahce via the best available method. Just go here: Clear Your Cache

Back