Original Xbox Best Xbox?

mevsthor

I feel like the original Xbox might just be the best console from Microsoft. I feel that it is for sure the most all around solid one. My Xbox 360 red ringed less than a year of me having it.

Red rings are usually easy to fix, but i feel the original xbox was a pretty stable console, unlike the early 360's.

Really? I thought some of them were unfix-able? I think it happened because I would play it for a long amount of time without giving it breaks, which I read was the most common problem. Something about a soldered part melting or something, I can't remember. I haven't checked for anything else though so it could be a number of things. Do you know how I could test it to see what is wrong?

I would have to agree that the first Xbox was the most solid and long lasting. Your question also depends on what aspect you are referring to, if you are mainly referiing to which console was the most solid and best built, then yes, the first one.

Really? I thought some of them were unfix-able? I think it happened because I would play it for a long amount of time without giving it breaks, which I read was the most common problem. Something about a soldered part melting or something, I can't remember. I haven't checked for anything else though so it could be a number of things. Do you know how I could test it to see what is wrong?

Since your Xbox 360 is out of warranty then you need not worry about taking it apart. Your first step is to take it apart to see if one of the boards are melted or burnt.

They were a lot more stable than the ones I knew. Out of my group of friends who buy Microsoft, we had zero original XBoxes crash. Out of the same group of 10, 3 red-ringed, one of whom had his red-ring twice in the same year.

I personally prefer the 360 over the original XBox. Don't know about the red ring issue because my 360 never gave me any trouble and also had a better gaming library. So, the choice oh which one is better is a no-brainer for me.

I preferred the 360. It lacked the magic of the original Xbox, but it was the better console. Both the original and the 360 red ring'd too often for my liking. I gave Microsoft a pass when it came to the original since they were young in console gaming and sloppy craftsmanship gets the pass on your first go around and just had it fixed.

Then 360 came and with it, the red ring.

In terms of reliability I would say the original, but overall experience, power, and games? Definitely the 360.

Well for stability of hardware, its the OG Xbox, but I think the 360 is probably the best console MS has launched, I mean, its very very popular, even has more sales than the PS3 also there a lot of great games for the 360. But I think MS didn't gave enough time for the OG Xbox to really grow, but the 360 succeeded its predecessor quite well

Back