Xbox One bf4. xb1 patch went live today.

sc_shark

with a few people folling the 33 bug/patch thread.. we finally got out big patch today..
march 10th.

GRENADE TWEAKS

Increased the number of M84 FLASHBANG and HAND FLARES the player can carry from 2 to 3.
Increased the effect of M84 FLASHBANG grenades on friendly and enemy players.
Increased the maximum damage for the RGO from 67 to 80, however reduced the range of explosion
Reduced the visual and audio effect for the detonation of the V40 Mini to highlight its smaller blast when compared to other grenades. Decreased the maximum damage from 80 to 60, and decreased the range at which maximum damage is applied

PISTOL TWEAKS

Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked.
Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45.
Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM.
Increased the magazine capacity of the QSZ-92 to 20 rounds. Additionally reduced the recoil of the QSZ-92 to give it a clear difference from the FN57.
Corrected a small error with the COMPACT 45 accuracy when crouched or prone.

WEAPON TWEAKS

Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK 12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming.
Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.
Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire.
The Heavy Barrel’s Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at a reduced bonus.
The Heavy Barrel’s Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.
Synchronized the timing of the aim down the sights animation of sniper rifles with their ability to fire with full accuracy. Players no longer need to wait for additional time after the aiming animation plays to get accurate shots. There is still a delay to achieve full accuracy, so Quick Scoping is still not possible.
The SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered.
The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked.
The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced.
The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced.
Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000.
Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW.

VEHICLE TWEAKS

Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4.
Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON.
Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.
Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired.
Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.
Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.
Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS.
Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.
Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.
Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.
Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.

full article: http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/10/bat...gs-vehicle-and-weapon-tweaks-to-the-platform/

sorry for the confusion on what we got and when.. hope this helps the game a bit more.

i find the missles to aircraft tweek a bit backwards.. the helocopters are over powered now your making it harder to take them out. last i check 1 missle to a helo in would take it down.. in game 1 should at least take out the gyro stabalization.... they aready have bigger map they can get away and recover/get fixed.. its hard enough to get a lock and stay locked as 1 dip behind a building or tructure brakes lock and looses missle tracking.

they also need to tweek the turrets/fixed machine guns.. they have a built in sheild.. im not saying make someone invisible but damage should be harder to deal when behind a armored gun.. especially with a short range rifle,pdw and such.. i will even go as far as saying snipers at range should be a 2/3 hit kill.

wow i just played 2 rounds... im done.. they couldn't have made the game any worse.. inbetween platoon and this patch i am done with the game as a whole.

since i cant buy into the hype of titanfall(not falling for it) my xb1 has literately become a netflix/amazon player.. ac4 black flag,bf4,forza5 all fail to deliver.. spring cant come soon enough so i can get out on the water.

wow i just played 2 rounds... im done.. they couldn't have made the game any worse.. inbetween platoon and this patch i am done with the game as a whole.

since i cant buy into the hype of titanfall(not falling for it) my xb1 has literately become a netflix/amazon player.. ac4 black flag,bf4,forza5 all fail to deliver.. spring cant come soon enough so i can get out on the water.

Was it really that bad? I haven't checked it yet, but as soon as I get home from work (which is after 5 more hour) I'll go and try it out.

for me personally i seen a huge shift in play pre the patch.. it mainly stems from platoon play... but the added patch really exploits the power of the platoon..

matches are now much more spread in points... like one team has 220points left or 400... ive seen as wide spread at 620/0 at end of match.

i would think if they actually used server power/matchmaking it would pan out much nicer... basically if a platoon is in play it needs to be against platoons.... these are guys who tend to be have an agressive play style,stick together,and often run 2-3(3-5person teams) into spawn capture points.. this in itself really is the key problem.. when a platoon is playing the odds of a random generated team having a chance is like 25%..

this also boils down to a topic i hit on with the last patch pre platoon... random/level match making. the average bf4 player is mid 50-60 leveled up.. and has a skill rating of 140-190.. the average level 100+ player is skill rated from 190-260... i have seen higher skill rating but those are top teir guys... put it this way at skill level 236 your averaging 20-30 kills per game with a 10 or less rating.

this i s where platoon really starts to give a huge advantage.. the average lobby now has/had (10) 90-110 level players. but when you stack 7 of them on a team you can feel the one sidedness.. this is where platoon really stands out.. it allows teams to stay together in server.. where before we use to get bumped around randomly after the match... especially if it got 1 sided.. people would quit and the teams would get shaken up.. with party chatt/platoon it now locks those people in on a side with no opportunity other than another platoon to joining to level the playing field.

to me yes it has become that bad... i have no desire to really be in a platoon. i also have no desire to grind out and feel outgunned all the time because of matchmaking which really boils back to platoon..

its really sad to me that bf4 would allow platoon to be an open server situation.. when i see the platoon style of play its much more tournament style. i am all for platoon play if the platoons are fighting each other and driving for goals,position in the leader boards...

most of us have seen the video's of the elite players and how they play.. yes its great but that play needs to stay at the top levels and not be a mashup with the general public.

i say platoons need servers for themselves... and hear is why.. say they tried to even matchmake based on skill... platoons will pick up low level guy who can get them in lobby'ss o they can sweep maps... they will always find a way to overpower the general public servers.

so yes i am basically done with the game.. i think the bf4 fanboy's and top teir players wont buy into the titanfall hype and really all its going to do is pull the casual gamer away and make it that much harder.

for me personally i seen a huge shift in play pre the patch.. it mainly stems from platoon play... but the added patch really exploits the power of the platoon..

matches are now much more spread in points... like one team has 220points left or 400... ive seen as wide spread at 620/0 at end of match.

i would think if they actually used server power/matchmaking it would pan out much nicer... basically if a platoon is in play it needs to be against platoons.... these are guys who tend to be have an agressive play style,stick together,and often run 2-3(3-5person teams) into spawn capture points.. this in itself really is the key problem.. when a platoon is playing the odds of a random generated team having a chance is like 25%..

this also boils down to a topic i hit on with the last patch pre platoon... random/level match making. the average bf4 player is mid 50-60 leveled up.. and has a skill rating of 140-190.. the average level 100+ player is skill rated from 190-260... i have seen higher skill rating but those are top teir guys... put it this way at skill level 236 your averaging 20-30 kills per game with a 10 or less rating.

this i s where platoon really starts to give a huge advantage.. the average lobby now has/had (10) 90-110 level players. but when you stack 7 of them on a team you can feel the one sidedness.. this is where platoon really stands out.. it allows teams to stay together in server.. where before we use to get bumped around randomly after the match... especially if it got 1 sided.. people would quit and the teams would get shaken up.. with party chatt/platoon it now locks those people in on a side with no opportunity other than another platoon to joining to level the playing field.

to me yes it has become that bad... i have no desire to really be in a platoon. i also have no desire to grind out and feel outgunned all the time because of matchmaking which really boils back to platoon..

its really sad to me that bf4 would allow platoon to be an open server situation.. when i see the platoon style of play its much more tournament style. i am all for platoon play if the platoons are fighting each other and driving for goals,position in the leader boards...

most of us have seen the video's of the elite players and how they play.. yes its great but that play needs to stay at the top levels and not be a mashup with the general public.

i say platoons need servers for themselves... and hear is why.. say they tried to even matchmake based on skill... platoons will pick up low level guy who can get them in lobby'ss o they can sweep maps... they will always find a way to overpower the general public servers.

so yes i am basically done with the game.. i think the bf4 fanboy's and top teir players wont buy into the titanfall hype and really all its going to do is pull the casual gamer away and make it that much harder.

Yeah, I agree. Well that's a lot to read but it's really informational, Thanks always sc_shark.

Yeah, I agree. Well that's a lot to read but it's really informational, Thanks always sc_shark.

unfortunately it takes those 2 aspects to get the whole point across.. sorry for the long read.

i still feel platoon is the definitive turning point of bf4 game play on a bigger scale... i still have not played the game since the other day and odds are i wont from now on.. it has litterly made me take a second look at buying titanfall... i have the money i just dont see the point.

i think the reason the "community" wanted platoon back so much is they knew the power of platoon play. when you start looking at gamercards/battlelogs you start to realize how they view their player.. the k/d means very little compared to % of win/losses... which is sad concidering you can and normally do join a map 3/4 way thru play leaving you with a potential loos without gameplay. i have gotten losses and not played 1 second of gameplay but it goes agait my statistics.... i dont care but its just a part of the bigger picture of how the community and platoon and tweeks really work together.

This patch has been one of the greatest changes in the game since beta, in my opinion. The weapon balance is really profound as many people are now using the guns which were labeled useless. But the G36c is still pretty much useless though.

This patch has been one of the greatest changes in the game since beta, in my opinion. The weapon balance is really profound as many people are now using the guns which were labeled useless. But the G36c is still pretty much useless though.

I guess you'r right. With all the tweaks done on it.

The weapons are quite unfair at some point.

Back