Xbox One Built In Skype Support

Murray

From
Midwest US
I'm really excited for this feature. My buddies and I use Skype when we game on our PC's and its been much more reliable then any chat procedures used on the 360. To catch anyone up that doesn't know, Skype is currently a Microsoft technology after an acquisition just a little while back. Since then, its taken over for most of Microsoft's voice, video and web chatting architecture. It has stayed pretty reliable and hopefully will do so when Xbox One comes out. I want a Borderlands game where we're not dealing with something and then our party suddenly implodes!

I'm really excited for this feature. My buddies and I use Skype when we game on our PC's and its been much more reliable then any chat procedures used on the 360. To catch anyone up that doesn't know, Skype is currently a Microsoft technology after an acquisition just a little while back. Since then, its taken over for most of Microsoft's voice, video and web chatting architecture. It has stayed pretty reliable and hopefully will do so when Xbox One comes out. I want a Borderlands game where we're not dealing with something and then our party suddenly implodes!

they have done a few hot fixes on boarderlands with long play time multiplayer... check the recent hot fix bullitin about it. but i agree it gets annoying double doing missions/sidequests

i have never used skype but my cousin does allot so it may be a good thing to use/try. im sure it wil be one of the less things i am excited for.

I'm excited for it as well, but one problem with Skype is it takes a lot of your bandwidth. Hopefully, they toned it down in the Xbox One version, and hopefully won't make much of an impact. Skype integration was one of the things that I was really excited for, a new voice chat feature would be awesome.

I dislike the bandwidth costs, too. They run up your bill unless you have an unlimited internet plan, but I've been pleased with Skype ever since Microsoft first acquired it. Some people may think otherwise, but msn messenger just didn't live up to the potential it could have had, and I would hate to see what a disaster it would be if they decided to implement that for the xbox one. I'm used to Skype, so this is good news to me.

I'm really excited for Skype being on the XboxOne as well. I use Skype for my PC gaming and I love how it'll work on the Xbox.
However, I hope it's not a full version of Skype. Some times when playing a game, skype can lag if you have too many people or a really big game.

Back